Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have a question. I noticed this morning that when I brake my "D" indicator light will flicker once or twice. It does not continuously to blink on and off, just a slight flicker. I should also add, that I have to use the shift lock release button to get my car out of park. I replaced my brake light switch and that temporarily helped with the shift lock issue, but obviously the problem returned.
Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Many different issues can cause this fault. The most common would be a low transmission fluid level, a mechanical transmission fault, a shift solenoid, or a pressure switch." Just found this online. Makes sense. Vehicle stuck in park.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Hopefully some more info will help. I just test drove my Versa again. While I drive everything is normal, runs smooth, tranny shifts well. When I apply the brakes the Drive (D) indicator light will flash one time very quickly, maybe a split second in length. If I brake again right after the initial braking or even pump the brakes the D light stays on, no flash whatsoever. Seeing how quickly the light flashes makes me wonder if this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts