Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have a question. I noticed this morning that when I brake my "D" indicator light will flicker once or twice. It does not continuously to blink on and off, just a slight flicker. I should also add, that I have to use the shift lock release button to get my car out of park. I replaced my brake light switch and that temporarily helped with the shift lock issue, but obviously the problem returned.
Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Many different issues can cause this fault. The most common would be a low transmission fluid level, a mechanical transmission fault, a shift solenoid, or a pressure switch." Just found this online. Makes sense. Vehicle stuck in park.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Hopefully some more info will help. I just test drove my Versa again. While I drive everything is normal, runs smooth, tranny shifts well. When I apply the brakes the Drive (D) indicator light will flash one time very quickly, maybe a split second in length. If I brake again right after the initial braking or even pump the brakes the D light stays on, no flash whatsoever. Seeing how quickly the light flashes makes me wonder if this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. I think I solved my issue. 🤞 I messed with my brake light switch. Made sure it was connected probably and the issue seems to have gone away. Knock on wood*

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Really? I will have to try that, ASAP. Again, the car runs good, it’s just one of those annoying problems. Thank for your help.

As soon as I figure out how to upload a personal video I will let you guys see what I see.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here is what I see, or what occurs, when I apply the brake and release the brake. It doesn't happen all the time. With the brake pedal constantly applied it does not flash at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 2018 versa just had this same problem today! Do you mind telling me what you found out about it?
I didn’t find anything out on the issue, unfortunately. I took it in and they said I should get an electrical diagnostic test. Didn’t have the money for the test. I will say this I haven’t noticed it causing other issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could such a problem be caused by faulty connected LEDs under the panel? I don't even think it's my internal car lights, but rather that I didn't connect them to the power supply properly the last time. I can often make mistakes because I am not an electronics expert. Yes, I often want to save money on my car, so I do many things myself by watching youtube bloggers' guides. Don't tell me you don't do the same sometimes. What can you tell me about my D light constantly blinking, not just during braking? But it's not the distinct blinking that implies a message from the car, but rather the flickering of lights under the panel.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just saw a South Main Auto Channel video the other day where Eric O was working on a 2017 Nissan Versa with a similar problem. The PRNDL lights were acting up, the check engine light was on, etc.

First thing to do is verify each and every brake, turn signal and marker light in the back is functioning 100% normal. The lighting circuit in the back is on the same circuit as the transmission range/mode sensor. If any connection is corroded, shorted or has a bad ground in the back, it will effect the transmission. Most likely culprit is the bulb socket fitment. Feel for loose pins, etc.

He pinpointed this of course with an advanced scan tool and Nissan subscription service, ect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts