Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/versa/nissan-teases-next-versa.html

States that the V will be on a newer V platform. Based on the new Micra, which I assume will mean we will have the bigger V. Comments likely but we are getting warmer. The Daimler Smart 5 door will be built in Aguascalientes so this seems to be fact.

Reading further. I will take a guess and say the new micra sedan is the new V sedan, and the hatch will be labeled.............Micra. No more Versa hatchs folks. Read the articles. Seems like a good guess.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I think the new smart here in the US will be a rebadged micra with smart like styling cues. Just like the pic above. Only issue I see is they will be selling it for smart prices instead of micra prices.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the new smart here in the US will be a rebadged micra with smart like styling cues. Just like the pic above. Only issue I see is they will be selling it for smart prices instead of micra prices.
Agreed. But I think the Versa hatch will be the Micra hatch. Which means the versa is getting smaller.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Agreed. But I think the Versa hatch will be the Micra hatch. Which means the versa is getting smaller.
no the versa hatch has already been caught testing. It's much larger then the micra and the interior is totally different. Then again nothing has been officially released yet by nissan.

I myself would not mind the micra coming to the US. I'm actually a big fan of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I'm sure there will be alot of sharing between Renault and nissan as Goshn absolutely loves the idea of global markets and product sharing. Makes total sense from a business point of view.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here in Brazil the micra will be offered only with Renault engines, 1.0L 16v and 1.6 I'm not sure if it is 8v or 16v.
A new car that is going to be released by Renault next month , the Renault Fluence which is built in Argentina, is going to be offered with Nissan's Sentra engine, I'm not sure about transmission though, guess the 6 gear M/T and the CVT are from Nissan.
The Nissan Livina, which is based (I'm not pretty sure about the word I should use here) on the Renault Clio III, is built on a Nissan/Renault factory in Brazil and is offered with 1.6 L 16V Renault engine and also 1.8L 16v Nissan engine, I guess it is the same engine as the V.
And Renault will release another Dacia vehicle in Brazil, but Renault branded, the Renault Duster, and will probably be offered with Renault and Nissan engines. There was a rumor here in Brazil about Nissan releasing the Duster in the US market, the Duster will be built in Brazil. Nissan sells the Dacia/Renault Logan in mexico where it is called Aprio.
So my point is, you might get Nissan, or Renault, at least in Brazil, but they are almost the same.

There is a lot of rumor going about the next Tiida here in Brazil, some people say they are going to stop selling the Tiida Sedan which was released last June, and others say that the Sunny will be the next Tiida Sedan, which I guess would be dumb, because the micra is a much cheaper vehicle and has the same interior of the Sunny.

I saw a Micra in São Paulo Auto Show last October, and it is really small, about 2/3 the size of the Tiida. So it might be a good move sell it as a Smart in US.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not sure about that, and I think it is not, the tiida is a totaly diferent project.

The Nissan Livina is the "sister" of the clio

http://picasaweb.google.com/nissanbrasil/LivinaExterno

This car might be released in the US but Nissan branded, but again that is just rumor, it might not be true http://www.renault.com/en/Vehicules/dacia/Pages/duster.aspx

If I wasn't in a hurry to get a new car I would wait a bit and get the Duster, it might cost almost the same price the Tiida did. In Europe the Duster cost about 16k Euro, in Brazil the word is it will cost about 56k Reais, the Tiida HB 1.8S costs 52k Reais, that is a lot of money, in Brazil the tiida is a mid range car, sort of fancy I'd say.
The micra will be an entry level, cheap car, about 30k Reais.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
......tell ya what. this is quite confusing. The micra will be a versa and the versa will be different. the smart will be a micra and i think nissan and renault are playing musical cars as we speak.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
No micra will be a versa. Nissan made an all new global sedan that shares the same interior as a micra. This will be called the versa in usa and sunny elsewhere. Its not a micra though. Some call it the micra sedan because of interior parts but nissan isn't calling it that. The micra 5 door is just a micra where its sold and so far no plans to sell in usa as of yet. There is a brand new hatchback coming out that will be replacing the current versa /tiida and so far will keep the same name. Though rumor has it that in the usa it will be a versa and other countries possibly called pulsar. Guess it can be confusing. Wish nissan would use global names to go along with global cars. I would have still bought my car if it were called a tiida. Plus they can save money on accessories with the name on it like ffloormats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.