Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone figured how to disable the air conditioner from coming on with the defroster in winter? I have to turn the sob off 10 times when I'm out running errands/shopping.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I turn mine on to the first speed when the windshield is foggy, and back off when its clear. I can also push the AC button to turn it off

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I push the AC button to turn it off very often. Seems it's only a 15 second extra wait without the AC to clear the windshield anyway. Running the AC in winter just doesn't cut it for me.
Kind of like having a nanny "who knows best" making decisions for you.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes, I push the AC button to turn it off very often. Seems it's only a 15 second extra wait without the AC to clear the windshield anyway. Running the AC in winter just doesn't cut it for me.
Kind of like having a nanny "who knows best" making decisions for you.
lol

I know what you mean. when is cold it doens't really run all the time and that's a good thing :thumb2:
it just cycles on and off on and off, and it stays more off than on even with the AC light on, the compressor kicks in for maybe 2 seconds, then turns off, then it waits a while and it kicks back on for 2 seconds or so (just guessing)

·
Registered
440 Posts
The A/C is used to dry the air to clear the windows faster and more efficiently. Its actually not a bad thing since the A/C should be used regularly to keep the seals of the evap system in good condition and prevent the need for recharging when the car has 100k+ miles

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I guess it depends on the climate where you are. We (08v, Iluvmyversa and myself... maybe some others I don't know) are in a relatively small area between two very large lakes (10th and 14th largest in the world). Plus too many small lakes to number. Its humid here. Very humid. The purpose of having the A/C come on is to dry the air inside the cabin. I like the fact that the Versa turns it on automatically, as in my previous cars I had to turn it on manually all the time. My truck does the same thing as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.