Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I removed my cluster to see what leds I could put in there, and found no where to remove the old ones on back, it's just a circuit board with 3 white connectors where the needles are positioned. Now the odometer lcd is showing scrambled and faded characters. Does this mean to have it flashed to match the ECU? Or is it just fried somehow? It is the same cluster removed and installed, I did have to disconnect neg on the battery when remove/install.
2009 Versa SL 1.8 Hatch with ABS/CVT AT

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Might check how well you reattached the battery cable. You dang sure better have had it disconnected or risk poofing something.

Could there be a cluster fuse there somewhere?

Interconnected electronics, you really gotta love 'em......................

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey all. I removed my cluster to see what leds I could put in there, and found no where to remove the old ones on back, it's just a circuit board with 3 white connectors where the needles are positioned. Now the odometer lcd is showing scrambled and faded characters. Does this mean to have it flashed to match the ECU? Or is it just fried somehow? It is the same cluster removed and installed, I did have to disconnect neg on the battery when remove/install.
2009 Versa SL 1.8 Hatch with ABS/CVT AT
If it is the Odometer, it could be some type of deterrent to stop the tampering of the true mileage of the car and may have to be reset by the dealer.............just a guess on my part.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
On one hand I was going to say you did not put it back together correctly. Usually in that case people mix up the pieces of plastic so the screen is inverted white on black display or upside down. Could be you got some loose contacts. If you put pressure on it does it read better?

I guess there is always the junk yard or ebay for a new dash. Im sure the miles is kept in the eco somewhere vs the dash like with mechanical odos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dash Cluster Replaced

Ok. Got it done. Got great condition unit, and they programmed the mileage for me at extra cost, but worth it. On ebay instrumentclusterstore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts