Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I drive a 2015 Versa Note S and recently replaced the stock instrument cluster with a cluster from a 2017 Versa Note SR -- and yes, I'm aware replacing clusters is just asking for problems lol but so far everything works flawlessly, the only two issues so far is that mileage is stored in the cluster (so it's displaying about a 7K mile difference) and now my interior dash lighting (head unit, A/C knobs and buttons, steering wheel buttons, etc) won't illuminate when I turn either my running lights or headlights on. The cluster itself remains lit (and I'm still able to adjust the brightness), no issues there, just the remaining lights in my cabin won't. Oh, and when I turn on my headlights the head unit display dims -- it remains on, however the orange light dims. So if anything turning on my headlights makes my cabin darker.

Does anyone know why this is, preferably in a more detailed response than "I'm just not supposed to put in that cluster?" I would love any help -- and even any work-arounds would be great, such as how to make the interior lighting turn on at engine start instead of having to turn on my headlights.

Again, thanks in advance to anyone with any advice or knowledge to share.

Original Cluster / Dash Lighting:

New Cluster (Headlights Off):

New Cluster (Headlights On):

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did some quick research and it is the cluster that is causing your problems.
You will have to either:
1-Rewire for the new cluster
2-Use the old cluster

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thinking. Appreciate the response. Do you have a link to where I could see how the wiring is set up in the new cluster -- as to potentially what wires may be my issue? If not, I appreciate the help regardless.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you look, you can find a downloadable Service Manual. You would need section MWI specifically for this, but I would get the whole thing.
Get the 2016 as it has both types of clusters listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts