Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
personally, i think dash mats are horrible. they're held on with velcro, that when the adhesive back on the velcro fails the mat slides around. then you finally say to hell with this mat, and you take it off, only to find super sticky bits on the dash that are next to impossible to remove

on late 80's early 90's cars, i understood, the plastics were crap and would crack if you look at it funny. but the polymers are so good these days, i say skip it

spend the 20 bucks on some more hello kitty pillows

·
Tribal V
620 Posts
it would be nice but i dont buy nothing off ebay if they dont show the real pic of a vers dash or anything i want for a versa if it dont look like my dash im not going to buy it i dont trust people on ebay sorry lol just me

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I considered it myself but decided it was not for me. If you do happen to get one take pics.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Miss Crafty - You could probably make one of your own - with our beloved kitty! But I think it could be cool looking... I think too much cat hair sticks to me and my clothing so eventually all of the critters' fur would end up on the dash mat (it already sticks like crazy to my trunk cover). Definitely take some pictures if you do get it.
This picture made me think of you!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ashley, I know how you feel...my dash is so shiney and clean that whenever the sun is bright and shines in my car while I am driving, I can not see out of my windshield because it reflects the light right out of my driver's side. I have wanted to get something to cover/make it easier to see but I can't find anything practical. The dash covers are pretty ugly but if its for protective measures then I would probably get one.

I don't know...

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol ... I don't think I'm going to order one. Maybe if I have time one day I'll try to make my own ... we'll see.

I need to get everything else installed on the exterior tomorrow and then start the process of the doors one day.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had some HK graphics to install but only put on the HK head part of it. The wording was very hard to align straight as the curve on the doors is not straight. I have two sets of wording left so I may have to cut out each individual letter to install it. Maybe on Monday (since it's another day off = Easter Monday) I'll try it then.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i would understand if you lived in california do to the tempature i would understand but last time i checked dash covers were not cute... i mean my grandma had one of those things.. i really dont get yer obsession with making everything cute.. it must be a chick thing...

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It has been so warm here over the past few days. It's unreal. This is the first Easter that we have ever been able to have an outdoor dinner (BBQ). Yesterday we sat outside for our family Easter dinner. Today it is already 16C ... Beautiful :D

I just put my shade in my front windshield when she's outside. Right now she's in the garage.

·
Registered
354 Posts
....that's only 60 degrees farenheit...there is no way I could do that lol...it barely gets below 30 degrees in the winter here!

Glad it's warm to you though, that's great! :D

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol ... Oh yes this is very warm to us. As long as the temperature does not dip into the freezing mark then we consider it warm.

We deal with a lot of cold temperatures here, so this is a blessing for us :)

We've been at this current house for over 20 years and like my dad said yesterday, it was the first Easter that we have been able to eat outside and have a bbq.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.