Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The tool in the pic only communicates with the ecm. You may need to talk with the meter here and those tools start around $300.

That reving you described, is that while driving or in park?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
While driving, but only when I press the pedal down to accelerate quickly. Just regular driving, it doesn't do it. I just can't pass anyone or go up steep hills very fast. :)

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am not sure if I have a CVT transmission. How can I be sure? I will look to see if I have the original purchase paperwork, if that says.
My VIN is: 3N1BC13E37L369626 if that helps.

Thanks!
Thanks for the part# information. I took my car to a auto repair shop to run diagnostics on it and he confirmed it is only the instrument cluster that I have to worry about.
One thing someone else mentioned to me: he asked if the Versa has a locking mechanism regarding the instrument cluster replacement. He said he had a Jetta where he had to send off the ECM and the replacement instrument cluster to have them calibrated or something to "unlock" them so that they would work together.
Any knowledge about that?

I am getting ready to order a instrument cluster on ebay or something and wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger.

And yeah, I don't have an SL. I thought it was, but looking at it, there are no extra letters anywhere. :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts