Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's my story, I recently purchased a 2008 Nissan Versa and she said it had 162 thousand miles on it I decided to rebuild the engine so basically I've replaced the crankshaft main bearings rod bearings have the cylinder hone replace the Rings head-to-head surfaced and pressure tested replace the all the valves had camshaft Mike I now have on an average 214 lb of compression on each cylinder replace the coil packs do iridium plugs do fuel injectors and I'm still pulling a p0302 OBD OBD2 code on it and I have done everything that I could possibly think of to get that code to go away and I'm still pulling the same code and I'm just wondering if it could possibly be a glitch in the ECM

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
174 Posts
Can you check the wiring to the coil pack and the injector??
I know I'm repeating myself, but my neighbor had some rodent damage to the wiring of his truck. The critters made a meal out of his injector wiring harness.
If the car sat for any length of time (prior to you purchasing it) rodents may have made a home under the hood and feasted on some wiring.
Also clean up all the contacts where the wires clip together... look for any corrosion, etc.

I'd double check all the connections and wires, before spending the money on having the ECM tested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have felt with that gremlin on mine and I had to replace the coil packs twice! Prior to replacing them the second time I made sure that all the connectors were cleaned with a toothbrush and electrical contact cleaner and then used white grease in the connectors. Apparently these cars are VERY picky about the coil packs and connectors. I haven’t had any issues since I replaced them the second time and did the above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not just buy a good car?
Wow! Such an astute observation! Your commmt is so helpful and resolved the OP dilemma so quickly? You should be so proud of yourself! Perhaps you can give assistance to the OP with a large cash donation to aid in this endeavor since you are so helpful in resolving such trivial problems.
Here’s your sign…..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts