Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm about to make my first real performance purchase :woot: and up until now I was certain on the Nismo/AEM intake, but I was doing some research and have some questions about which is the better CAI.

I understand both will give you roughly similar HP gains and both should sound very similar, but I noticed it looks like the DC CAI is made more suitable for the Versa's engine bay, and the AEM seems to use part of the original intake and is probably a semi-universal style.

Is the DC dry filter a lifetime use one with cleaning required like the AEM or is it a normal throwaway?

Considering the above, which would you all actually prefer? I'm starting to lean more towards the DC one truthfully, because it seems like it would be a better install but I would like some opinions.

Thank you all kindly :thumb2:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I run the Fujita CAI which is similar to the DC. The sound is nice, the pull is nice, and the look is nice. Against the AEM though i highly doubt theres a gap between their performance when it comes to their installation construction. Unless there was a highly detailed comparison with performance figures, then you would decide closely. As for the filter, most of them nowadays are washable. I ditched my Fujita filter for the better built AEM Dryflow. And TBH, i think the filter makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It probably won't matter which, my g-tech pro didn't pick up any faster acceleration, which was confirmed when I talked to a friends father in law that builds racing engines for a living, and he told me that you most definitely will not feel 7 hp. 14 maybe, but 7, no, its purely psychological.

Personally I'm ditching my CAI because without the performance gain its not worth the lower (slightly) mpg's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.