Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the DC Sport Strut Bar. I can wait to install it and firm up the steering some. I will try to get some pics when I install it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fedex just delivered my new Strut Bar to the office, I think i will have to use my lunch break getting it installed :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
You should do a little bit of evasive driving before you install the Strut Bar and then install it and do the same evasive course you did before the install and see if there is a big difference. I had an EG3 Civic and found that the Strut Bar didnt give a significant difference, plus, she was in like new condition and the unibody was stiffer than Ron Jeremy. Since the Versa is new and should be structurally very strong, maybe a Strut Bar will yield no results? Let us know!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you will notice a very nice difference in the handling of the V. i noticed it even more when a couple months later i took it off for some reason and drove without it, oh man! i didn't make it around the block before i put it back on. and yes with the springs, very nice difference :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so after doing a few shrot tests adn then taking a long drive thru the twists adn turns of the hilly pittsburgh area, I think its worth it.

The body roll has drastically been reduced and i hug corners far better and felt good taking corners 5-10 mph faster then before.

I think this was well worth the price and easy to install, the worst part was removing the clips that hold the windshield bezel

·
Registered
36 Posts
Stupid question, but would this work on my '11 1.8 s sedan? I'm guessing it would but it would be nice to know if anyone has tried it on an '11 I'm seriously considering ordering this!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
There shouldn't be any difference 07-11 are basically the same so I would say it would work.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It should work with no problem. There's really no difference from 07-11. That's why lot of times parts store say 07+

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. I just got some Vorteks Generators i'm gonna go put 'em on and contemplate the strut bar:D

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Make sure you follow the instructions carefully lol our they won't look right or work right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did! I plan on going warp speed! Cool part of it is, my sister has rolls of vinyl and a cutting machine!!! I get all the free custom decals I want to go with it. Seriously, if I never get a single fraction of mpg better, less wind drag, or increased downforce from them at least for simple asthetics and one hell of a conversation piece they're worth 20 bucks :D:D:D.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did you guys raise the car for the install? I hear conflicting stories on what to do and not what to do. Some say raising the car puts more stress on the bar when done, and the struts may fall out during installation, some say you want to raise the car for better results. What do you guys think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.