Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my exhaust yesterday and installed it this morning. Took about 2 hrs because I only have 2 jack stands so i kept having to change positions for easier access.

Overall the quality is great and fitment is almost perfect. The second 'b' pipe is hang a little low but everything is lined up and installed correctly. I will need to adjust my coilovers because right now the exhaust sits less than 2 inches off the ground. It will definitely scrape :( A task for another day...

It has a nice deep tone, very loud right now, but only 10 miles on it so far. It needs 500miles to break in according to DC Sports and i expect it to quiet down quite a bit.

will post up some pics later

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
It should be louder when it breaks in. I know my stillen got louder as it ages.
My stock exhaust now that it has 30k miles is definitely louder now then before.

I had the nismo cat back on my 02 spec V and it got quieter as I put more miles on it....
It should be quieter when you get miles on. All the car that I had changed my exhaust, it took time to break in and then it got quieter.
Maybe you guys just got use to the droning on the highway and all that ruckus.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
my dc exhaust has definetly gottn louder since the install. i feel like its still getting deeper and louder the more i drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have a quick questions for the people who have the DC catback installed. i noticed that in the third pic where the second "b" pipe is, there is a plate held on with four screws/nut, when i installed that "plate" it was touching the pipe, is ur pipe touching the plate? do i have to readjust the rubber hangers or somehting??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.