Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for you guys wanted HID DDM.com has them pretty cheap compared to most that i seen. they are good quality, great customer service and easy to work with. i order mine and my girls HID kits from there and had no issues. base price is 25 bucks for a kit. its a little more for high low or slim ballast or a higher watt ballast. but figure i share the info with you guys.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same as a factory bulb! HID are best in a projector head light! With a standard or reflective head light ur width will improve but your distance will be bout the same!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My DDM HID kit just showed up today for my ZX-14. They seem great so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can vouch for DDM's HID Kits. I go to school in San Diego and live about 10 minutes from their shop. They always have M3s sitting out in front lol. The guys are really cool and one of my friends used to work for them, and I get a $5 discount woot! I have their 35 watt slim ballast 6000k in my Versa for over a year and it still works great, LIFETIME warranty too :thumb2:

·
Registered
374 Posts
there good n cheap but one of my ballast went bad and i had to buy a new one. it could have been because i couldnt find a good spot to put it so it might have been shaking around a lil

·
Registered
214 Posts
I heard that the kit isn't very good, but thats coming from my buddy with a Vr6, he said if you don't have projector headlights and you put the kit on stock headlights it just spreads light everywhere and is way to bright? Just wondering if this is true for versa's also

·
Registered
101 Posts
I heard that the kit isn't very good, but thats coming from my buddy with a Vr6, he said if you don't have projector headlights and you put the kit on stock headlights it just spreads light everywhere and is way to bright? Just wondering if this is true for versa's also
Exactly true. But it doesn't only apply to Versas, but any car with reflective headlight housing. You would need to get HID projectors or even stock halogen projectors to get that "clean" look. But regardless, everyone runs HIDs in reflective housing and blind the shit out of people on the road (including me lol).

The problem isn't the kit itself, because all HIDs are pretty much the same (bulb and ballast), it's the fact that your friend doesn't have projectors.

·
Registered
214 Posts
okay, thanks for making that clear haha, i think i might blind some people anyway, i hate those people behind me, so why not be just like them :ihih:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.