Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what kind of oil the dealer will use on my car,ive changed my own oil for 20 plus years,but since i have a maintaince contract,its done free @ dealer-dont want cheap oil in my new 11 versa-any answers or experiances would be appreciated,if they use cheap,i will be draining as soon as i leave dealer and "sneaking" synthetic in!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Dealer does a free oil change every 7,500 miles and they use Pennzoil and a Nissan filter. I changed the oil after the first 1,500 miles myself and used Mobil Super 5000 and a PureOne Purolator filter. I'll change again at the 3,750 mile mark and then once between each free oil change the Dealer provides.

At least that's the plan.

Congrats on the new Versa!

·
Registered
444 Posts
My Dealer does a free oil change every 7,500 miles and they use Pennzoil and a Nissan filter. I changed the oil after the first 1,500 miles myself and used Mobil Super 5000 and a PureOne Purolator filter. I'll change again at the 3,750 mile mark and then once between each free oil change the Dealer provides.

At least that's the plan.

Congrats on the new Versa!
I wouldn't wipe my butt with Pennzoil. You might as well put water in there to lubricate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never did use the dealer oil changes. Did it myself with good oil. That said... I did change at 500, 1500, 3000 and then ~3000 after that. The first 3 changes I can careless of the quality, it was not not in long enough worry about. (still breaking in the motor at that point, non synthetic oil for this)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a couple of free oil changes from the dealer, but did my own the last time with Mobil 1. The oil the dealer was using was leaving sludge deposits, so I'll no longer go back to them for oil changes.

As for Pennzoil, back in 1980, I had a turbocharged Mustang that would seize turbos (three of them). I later discovered that the heat from the turbo was causing the oil to leave coke deposits plugging the oil passages to the turbo. I was a Pennzoil fan, but now run strictly Mobil 1. (or Castrol in the garden tools).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.