Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I had my brake fluid service (I also had an overall brakes inspection) and while I was waiting I saw something odd....

On another car (2018 Rogue) a new tech (never seen him before) was rotating tires, and let's say that the usual scheme is like this:

A1-------A2 (front)
^
|
|
|
B1-------B2 (rear)

I assumed that when you rotates tires you put B1 to A1 and B2 to A2 (and vice versa), while this tech put B2 to A1 and B1 to A2.

what the hell? 馃槷

Registered
I do not know the 'ideal' pattern when rotating tires, but I have been rotating them in a criss-cross pattern for decades.
I have never included the spare tire in the rotation schedule. This is now a good thing since some cars come without a spare.

Registered
As long as the tires are non directional, that is the common rotation pattern.

Registered
So today I had my brake fluid service (I also had an overall brakes inspection) and while I was waiting I saw something odd....

On another car (2018 Rogue) a new tech (never seen him before) was rotating tires, and let's say that the usual scheme is like this:

A1-------A2 (front)
^
|
|
|
B1-------B2 (rear)

I assumed that when you rotates tires you put B1 to A1 and B2 to A2 (and vice versa), while this tech put B2 to A1 and B1 to A2.

what the hell? 馃槷
They did my '15 A1

A1-------A2 (front)
^
|
|
|
B1-------B2 (rear)

what the hell? 馃槷
My '15 was done that way A1 B2... Depends how long it was between rotations I was told.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts