Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yupp. You guessed it. I hit a deer tonight. I will try to get some pics tomorrow. One of the antler went straight through the bumper into the washer resevoir. Looks like I need a bumper, passenger fender, resevoir, and a headlight. Ill keep you guys updated on the costs. There are also tons of smaller dents on the passenger front door. I have to look at it in the light :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
!!! sounds like you're okay, hope so! Poor deer but glad you're still in one piece *whew*
edit: last week near midnight i was following a Canadian Tire 18 wheeler when a deer zigged and zagged in front of him/her. Caught it on my ipod cam but was too far away to be clear

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm fine. Cars not so great though. Scored points with the nighbors though, they got the meat

·
Registered
613 Posts
holy jebus! >.o

glad your ok! sucks that your v is all messed up, hopefully you'll get it all fixed up!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Glad your ok that sucks about the versa though but I guess that what insurance is for right good luck with the repairs keep us up to date on how it's going.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking since the grill and headlight are toast I might looks around the forum for a set of halo projectors and a cmod grill or a versaspeed grill. The passenger front door is also dented pretty badly in a couple places and the paint is all cracked/chipped.. there goes my insurance rate. If anybody has/know about someone who has the parts I'm looking for please let me know or refer them to me. Thanks guys. Hopefully the v will be back to normal before christmas.. (doubtful)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That sucks, but glad that noone was hurt. I live in a rural area that is overrun by deer so I know the damage they can do to a car and the people in it. So far I have gotten by with only close calls, but I do keep a hunting knife in my car just in case. I don't want to kill an animal... but if its already dead then why let the delicious deer meat go to waste?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. Within 5 minutes one of the neighbors came down and asked if they could have the meat. My girlfriend was like "what would they have done if nobody wanted it?" I just replied "its maine, everyone want deer meat."

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The initial estimate is just under 1600. They still have to take it apart and make surethere is no damage anywhere else. It has been driving like junk ever since the accident, so hopefully there's nothing else wrong.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah. Within 5 minutes one of the neighbors came down and asked if they could have the meat. My girlfriend was like "what would they have done if nobody wanted it?" I just replied "its maine, everyone want deer meat."
Haha yeah sounds like my area. The trick is finding someone to butcher it if you don't have a tag...

But who wouldn't want it? Its sooo good and actually a healthy meat.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would've taken it, but there were... "parts" that became disconnected. It would've made a big mess in the V. Plus the trunk is filled with my subwoofer, so the only other option would be to tie it to the roof..

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Haha yeah sounds like my area. The trick is finding someone to butcher it if you don't have a tag...

But who wouldn't want it? Its sooo good and actually a healthy meat.
rudolf meat :rudolf: is good and around my area many people love deer hunting, so I don't think it would be hard to find someone who would gut it out and put it on the back of their truck and take it home :thumb2: sometimes the officer who writes the police report can find a volunteer for you :cop3: hey want some deer meat?:::OVER::: yeah..Im on my way! :auto:

Hope you get her fixed and back to normal man

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took a couple pics. I will try to post them up later today when I have some free time and Ill also post a pic of what I'm driving till the V gets fixed.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check my youtube channel for pictures. I did a video vlog episode called "deer damage". I will post the link up later, I'm on my phone right now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.