Nissan Versa Forums banner

Did I get something strange or unusual?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  trick 
#1 ·
I read a bunch of reviews of the Note and found none of them accurate with the car I bought. The ride is nice, it handles well, it's quiet, everything works well, and the only noticeable thing I liked better in the Fit was the shifter (tighter and
more expensive feel). This car does shift easily and accurately, no issues whatsoever. I was expecting much worse when it comes to handling and ride quality. Maybe I got a super secret version by mistake and they sent all the defective cars to the reviewers? This car is like a modern day VW Beetle (an original one, not the expensive junky new one).

#2 ·
They're not reviewing the car for what it is, an economical, fuel saving vehicle. As mentioned on another thread I just read they're so used to high end, luxury and sports car that they think every car needs to be like that. Let your average Joe review the Versa/Note and they will tell you what we already know, they're cheap, reliable, and surprisingly fun to drive =)

Reactions: Note-ified
#3 ·
A lot of these "reviewers" are just dorks. I think what really matters is how the car performs based on your expectations and intended use. I too did a lot of research before my purchase and found very few positive reviews. What sold me was a 4 day drive along the east coast between Boston and NYC on a rental 2013 Versa Sedan. I found that car very pleasant overall. Then the Note came out which was more to my liking, styling wise.

Sorry, cannot comment on the shifter as I have the CVT. Nothing wrong with the CVT either which a lot of reviewers constantly bash.

#4 ·
Sorry, cannot comment on the shifter as I have the CVT. Nothing wrong with the CVT either which a lot of reviewers constantly bash.[/QUOTE]

All (of my) snowmobiles and one of my ATVs had CVT transmissions and they were the ultimate I thought. You could redline the engine at any time and any speed, you were never in the wrong gear. I guess it doesn't matter as I have a manual but I'm surprised to hear negative things about them. They seem incredibly efficient. My last snowmobile did 110 MPH across a frozen lake and the CVT worked perfectly. Yes, it gets cold at that speed.

#6 ·
I was when I thought that was still a possibility. Cool car, if it was priced the same I may have given it another look but I really felt cramped up in the drivers seat and was only able to find a red stick shift base. I looked at the Note and was surprised how much I liked it. I was a hardcore Honda guy but I liked them less and less each year. The Sport drove nice but I don't like low profile tires or spoilers etc.so a base was the only possibility. If the Honda dealers weren't such sneaky tricks I may have not given the Note a chance. I was surprised how much I liked this car.

#7 ·
Reviews are BS... most are really meaningless and shallow. They never objectively talk about the daily things that really matter. It's little problems with little things that will ultimately drive you to dislike a car, despite what anyone else says about "living with it". You don't and won't live with it, which is why you'll grow to hate the car.

#10 ·
I agree most reviewers are unrealistic and don't see the car for what it is intended. They likely drive a gas guzzling SUV on the daily! :chuckle: My previous car was a Lexus. I can honestly say I like the Versa, except for the crappy stereo. My needs and commute to work changed. I needed a more economical ride. My gas savings alone covers half my new car payment! With the Note, I can also get big items in the car when needed. It's nice overall. It will never be fast, or luxurious, but I don't need it to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.