1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
heres mine

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
you wont see mine like that much but it has been to cold to clean a polish it lately

·
Registered
174 Posts
You guys aren't trying hard enough.
I swear, sometimes I need to drive through more salt than snow.
The road crews in Chicagoland are completely out of control with the salt.
I suppose it comes from the weenies who cannot drive in snow, or haven't heard of snow tires.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right?
It's really sad, but people really get to cryin' around here when the snow crews allow even a bit of snow to remain on the roadways. I'm sure there's lots of politics involved.
Here they don't clean the roads very well ... my street has only been plowed through once this entire winter season with it being salted once as well. The main streets are cleaned thoroughly but they do a horrible job of the side streets. It's difficult just leaving the house in the morning.

I guess it's a good thing that they are constantly taking care of your roads. Are there less accidents you find, or more?
Last week was just insane for accidents here. They kept replaying one accident over and over on the news. I am gonna see if it's online anywhere, it's insane!

Here it is,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FvMi1-vzg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are there less accidents you find, or more?
Hard to say.
Personally, I don't care for the term "accident". I mean, it sounds like "oopsie, I crashed my car into someone/something caused in no way by me".
I prefer to say a car "crash".
Most times, it's completely avoidable if you give driving the attention it deserves.
Snow/ice conditions warrant complete focus and awareness of your surroundings.
People seem to take a lot for granted while driving and a casual attitude will ultimately end in a crash, hopefuly not with you.....

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Those are crazy dirty cars! Especially black in Chicago!
But i still prefer darker colours on a car.
Out here in the boondocks, they usually salt down the center of the roadway. This means bare pavement or slush down the centerline, and packed snow under the right wheels. Thus my Versa is saltier on the driver's side! Only a few major roads get the even salt spray across the pavement.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Those are crazy dirty cars! Especially black in Chicago!
But i still prefer darker colours on a car.
Out here in the boondocks, they usually salt down the center of the roadway. This means bare pavement or slush down the centerline, and packed snow under the right wheels. Thus my Versa is saltier on the driver's side! Only a few major roads get the even salt spray across the pavement.
in CO they spray magnesium chloride as a de-icer instead of salt since it's less corrosive on metal, if not then sand is the last resort

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Here's my dirty V.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
did the red change because the current red looks much deeper then the old red?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm pretty sure it's the exact same. I've seen them at the dealer here and the hatch only comes in one red. I think it's just the lighting in his picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I hope so, cause if that's the case I might have a two tone cameleon paint job lol. Nah it's just the picture quality and the snow i'm sure, it was taken from my phone.

^
Never mind, I just got the question lol. But yes it's the same color, it's just like the title suggest, "dirty".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts