Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone removed/disabled the annoying door buzzer? it's one of the first things I like to do on my new cars/trucks

sounds like it's behind the guages. would like to know before I remove them

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to disable door chime 2008 Nissan Versa HB

You need a Phillips head, a 10 mm socket with ratchet and flat tip screwdriver - small. Remove the fuse cover. Where the fuel door/hood latch are, take out two Phillips screws. Gently pull the cover off from both sides (where your left knee and right knee are located if you are in car). There will be a bar with 4 - 10 mm bolts that secures it to the frame it's under steering column. Remove it, don't worry, nothing is supported by it. Set it aside. Remove 3 philiips head screws from the upper steering column cover. One is kinda deep, but it is a Phillips head, just take your time. Gently pry the cover loose. You are looking for 2 red wires with small white stripe down them, it's a male plug that goes into female. I use the small flat tip to push down the plastic tab to so you can pull plug apart. I checked everything to make sure it still works after I did this. Lights, signals, windshield wipers, dash lights, fuel gauges, power door lock. So far everything is working great. Oh the head light on chime still works, not sure about seat belt as I'm always wearing it when in car. Reassembly is doing everything in reverse. It took me 30 minutes to do this, taking a break in between assembly disassembly. Hope this helps someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.