Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I contacted Discount Tire Direct via e-mailed about having them as a vendor. Not long ago, I purchased tires and wheels from one of their local shops and expressed my opinion on how great of an experience they were and why they should become one of our vendors.

This is what I sent to them:

"Discount Tire Direct

Hello, I'm a moderator (VersaMG08) for a Nissan Versa forums online. We have been growing substantially over the past year and was curious if it was in your best interest if you could be one of our vendors for our website. The reason I may ask because we have some members who are looking for a new set of wheels and tires and thought your company would be a good asset. Recently, I purchased tires and wheels from a local dealer a month ago and had a great experience with them. I would definitely go back for tire changes or any problems that I may have in the future because of your quick and efficient service.

Our website is www.NissanVersaForums.com and you may contact any of the moderators or administrators of the website if there is any other questions you have.

Thank you for your time!"

Hopefully, they will contact me shortly and we can move forward from there.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is what they responded back with:

Hello Mr Henry S,

Thank you for considering us. Congratulations on the growing venture. It's great to see new forums popping up and even better to see and hear about their successes. At this time we are not looking to take on any more sites but we may consider sponsoring a few new ones in the spring of 2010. If you would like, you may forward your advertising rates as well as your sites traffic and analytics reports to me via email. I will consider them and put them in the running for spring of 2010. Thanks again for considering Discount Tire. Keep doing what your doing. We appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Travis Comfort
Internet Business Development
Discount Tire Direct
[email protected]

Looks like we have some work to do in order for them to consider us to vendor them. What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
Getting vendors is really hard. Ive been trying to get them on my forum. Most of them have like contracts with companies that buy/own forums.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I cant really call it a vendor, but i can get really cheap tires for people if needed.
Example:
I bought for my friends Supra 4falken ziex 912's for only 212$$

And i just bought some yokohama avid h4s's for my versa at only $75 per tire.
Benifits of working at firestone for 15 hours a week!
=D

and also i can get tires for anything soo im sure not everyone just drives there versa everywhere like i have a nice fun weekend jeep thats a trail rig and i just bought tires for it.

soo you need any tires let me know!

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump:

I believe we can still get these guys on board for a vendor. They will consider it if they can glance over the member statistics.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Who here has ordered from Discount tire direct? I want to order from them and although they have free shipping, duty to Canada is almost $400 :( ... Do they have warehouses throughout the US that allow people to pick up the rims/tires?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey Ashley. I did order from them, but I just had them shipped to a place in niagara falls ny, which is a around 30 minute drive for me. They charged $10 per wheel, so $40 USD. My total wheel/tire package was $815 I believe. The duty was just over $100, I just paid it at the border.

You can email me if you have any more questions. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Hey Ashley. I did order from them, but I just had them shipped to a place in niagara falls ny, which is a around 30 minute drive for me. They charged $10 per wheel, so $40 USD. My total wheel/tire package was $815 I believe. The duty was just over $100, I just paid it at the border.

You can email me if you have any more questions. Sorry I haven't been around lately.
I dont have a place to ship it anywhere to niagara. The shipping is free but then the custom charge is close to $400. My dads currently working in the US so I'm trying to see if there is a location to ship it to Buffalo. That way he can bring it back with him when he returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There are places just over the border you can have things shipped to for a small fee. You just give them your address as your own. Free shipping, and duty was only around $100.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
There are places just over the border you can have things shipped to for a small fee. You just give them your address as your own. Free shipping, and duty was only around $100.
The set of rims I want aren't even available from discount. I may just try to get them here. Worse case I can always buy the rims here and rubber across the border when my dad gets back.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
My dad said his hotel is next to a discount tire and the first set of rims I picked out were there. He said they are nice in person. I'm looking at getting them shipped over to buffalo. I'm not gonna post any info / pictures until I get them and they are on Kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Hey guys, just joined this forum. I have a 2010 V hatch, silver. Just put in a new stereo...sub, amp, head unit and all. I was bumpin for a day and now my trunk button doesn't work and my auto window roll up doesn't work. BUMMER! I looked for the trunk relay/fuse and can't find the damn thing. Does anyone have a ny ideas??? I took it to the dealer and they said they would charge me $100 just to run a diagnostic...rip off!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys, just joined this forum. I have a 2010 V hatch, silver. Just put in a new stereo...sub, amp, head unit and all. I was bumpin for a day and now my trunk button doesn't work and my auto window roll up doesn't work. BUMMER! I looked for the trunk relay/fuse and can't find the damn thing. Does anyone have a ny ideas??? I took it to the dealer and they said they would charge me $100 just to run a diagnostic...rip off!!
for the rollup are you talking about the automatic rollup? when you want to close the window? If it is there is a way to repair this first, if you unpluged the battery the full rollup is reseted. All you need to do is to hold the button for rollup 7 second and it will be reprogrammed buddy for that trunk the mechanism is made of plastic with a small electric engine in it... maybe the sound system was strong enough to displace something in it.... :S

1 - 17 of 17 Posts