Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered wheels/tires from Danny at discounttiredirect.com over the phone (If you wish to deal with him as well PM me for his direct line) and I can't say enough good about it. He gave me a great price, was very knowledgeable, and they ship fast too. Free shipping in the USA, so I had it shipped to my address in Niagara Falls, NY and then just went over and picked them up there. Free mountain and balancing as well. The only issue was that they mounted one of the tires backwards (they are directional tires). I called up the salesman and he told me just go to whatever shop, have it changed and call him back to let him know how much. So thats what I did, and he refunded me more than I actually had to pay to get the tire changed.

Excellent customer service and pricing, I couldn't be happier with them. I will definitely be doing business with them (this salesperson in particular) in the future for both my own tires/wheels and other members of my family, and I recommend them to all my friends and anyone else who is looking for tires/wheels.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So I bought my tires on tire rack yesterday but after seeing this thread I went to Discount Tire and it was about $25.00 cheaper. I bought the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They bill in American and when you pay visa they convert it.

Nice! Are you having it shipped to canada or the us?

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's awesome! Since our dollar is so high I'm paying under $500 bucks for these tires. It was free shipping so I'm getting them sent to my work (so Canada)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I'm gonna recommend this site to my brother. His BMW needs new rubber. And with our dollar being strong, it's great to pay in American dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its free shipping to Canada now with discounttiredirect.com??? Ahhh when I bought mine they only did free shipping in the U.S., which is why I had it shipped to my address in Niagara Falls, NY. FYI anyone can get an american address there, and it is shipped to this little depot and you just go over and pick it up there, its 5 minutes over the queenston-lewiston bridge and its $5 per package (under 100lbs each package). Its an additional $5 per package for tires. So $40, but if they offer free shipping in the U.S. then it is well worth it. Especially since I live 25 minutes (at worst) from the bridge.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Its free shipping to Canada now with discounttiredirect.com??? Ahhh when I bought mine they only did free shipping in the U.S., which is why I had it shipped to my address in Niagara Falls, NY. FYI anyone can get an american address there, and it is shipped to this little depot and you just go over and pick it up there, its 5 minutes over the queenston-lewiston bridge and its $5 per package (under 100lbs each package). Its an additional $5 per package for tires. So $40, but if they offer free shipping in the U.S. then it is well worth it. Especially since I live 25 minutes (at worst) from the bridge.
That sounds good. But you still have to claim your items, when driving through customs. it's up to them whether or not they want to pull you over. So in the end it may be the same as having it shipped over (unless the shipping cost is a lot), lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, so that is something to consider. In my case, even with the duty, I still saved a few hundred by buying in the U.S., and going across to get them myself. Plus, you can still get charged duty on items when it is shipped directly to your house.

·
Registered
259 Posts

I should of put showed the address but it shows where I work.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thats awesome! Although I will say the "prepaid canadian tarriff fees" seem a little high... my total purchase was around $818.00 and I only paid just over $100.

Out of curiosity, did you price them out here? How much did you save? I discovered that I paid almost $300 more for my winter tires here than I would have paid if I had bought them off the website.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey thats awesome! Although I will say the "prepaid canadian tarriff fees" seem a little high... my total purchase was around $818.00 and I only paid just over $100.

Out of curiosity, did you price them out here? How much did you save? I discovered that I paid almost $300 more for my winter tires here than I would have paid if I had bought them off the website.
Here they want $723.20 CAD compared to $496.90 CAD at Discount Tire. I saved $226.30! We get robbed for a lot of things in Canada like the price of gas along with cell phone plans.

I actually bought my winter tires at Canadian Tire. I paid around $80.00 per tire for Good Year Nordics.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Here they want $723.20 CAD compared to $496.90 CAD at Discount Tire. I saved $226.30! We get robbed for a lot of things in Canada like the price of gas along with cell phone plans.

I actually bought my winter tires at Canadian Tire. I paid around $80.00 per tire for Good Year Nordics.
Got my Hankook winter tires from Canadian tire too ... $79 each tire, rims were $89. They were out of every other brand in the size I needed at CT at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good stuff!

And you got that right... Also we get absolutely hosed when it comes to alcohol. Seriously... I pay around $40 for 24 bottles of Rickards Red here, but can pick up a 26 of George Killians Red bottles for around $20 across the river. Very comparable beers, yet more than double the price here in Canada.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
6 Participants
bboy_romeo
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing