Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thats nice. Its deffinatly starting to look like a special edition versa. ;)

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I just removed the passenger rear door.

OMG what is up with the window connectors? That is near impossible to remove. It just took me maybe 20-30 mins to remove it.
Other than that the rest of the door is a piece of cake to take apart ... Our car is all snapped together, it's like taking apart a toy car, haha!

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is going to sound so silly, but you had to put the sticky glue ON the old blue/black fabric to put the new material on, right?

And after that, you just put the fabric over it and tucked it in?

You've done a phenomenal job...and by the looks of it, I'd really consider doing this if I wouldn't screw it up! :blue flower:

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is actually kinda cool. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good looking pattern. Have you tried removing the fabric after the glue sets? I wonder how hard it would be to change it out if you got bored.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To answer the questions.

I just sprayed the glue on the original fabric because if I removed the original fabric then there is no padding on the door.

Also, if you get bored you could always just glue the new fabric back on top of the previous one.

And yes, tuck in the edges. I used a small thin ruler and it works great.

I just finished up the rear passenger, and I'm on the passenger front.

:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
To answer the questions.

I just sprayed the glue on the original fabric because if I removed the original fabric then there is no padding on the door.

Also, if you get bored you could always just glue the new fabric back on top of the previous one.

And yes, tuck in the edges. I used a small thin ruler and it works great.

I just finished up the rear passenger, and I'm on the passenger front.

:D
Awesome! Post pics when you're all finished, it's going to look great with all of them done.

...I feel bad I love all of your ideas/NB, but I think I'm going to try and do some of my fabric today just to get a feel for it, and because when I did my back trunk cover, I bought too much fabric that I could use now!

Great job!:woot:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't worry about stealing ideas! I am posting up the DIY's to help people because I know how hard it is to try and figure this stuff out without any help.

I will take pics as soon as I'm done.

I made sure when I did my trunk cargo cover that I bought enough material. I'd love to do my headliner, but I don't think I want the same fabric. Maybe just pink or red one day ...

I'm waiting for some one to try that out first, lol.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Don't worry about stealing ideas! I am posting up the DIY's to help people because I know how hard it is to try and figure this stuff out without any help.

I will take pics as soon as I'm done.

I made sure when I did my trunk cargo cover that I bought enough material. I'd love to do my headliner, but I don't think I want the same fabric. Maybe just pink or red one day ...

I'm waiting for some one to try that out first, lol.
That sounds like it will be a lot of fun! You are very good at doing the little noticeable things in the versa! You should do your headliner a solid color that will accent the rest of the car....maybe even white would be cool, whatever you feel suits your car best! But, be careful with the sunroof, that may make it a bit more difficult..but good luck!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.