Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first car and im not sure if i need to change my brake pads or my fluid. every time i turn and brake out coast down a hill my BRAKE light turns on then turns off. do i have to change something? is is a wiring issue maybe? all i know is that ill be going on 40k miles later today and havn't touched the brakes since i got the car. the only problem i have with the brakes is that when i am going fast and brake my car slowly shakes, and then when the rotors heat up the car starts to shake really hard. y? do i need new pads? fluid? i don't think i warped the rotors because only when they get really hot car shakes. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Definately sounds like you need new brakes. In all other nissans I have owned you never top off the fluid for the brakes. This is the indicator that you need new pads.

If you are changing them out yourself may I consider writing a how-to and taking pictures. More info like this on the site will bring in more traffic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you def need brakes and if your car shakes when u brake you can take your rotors to a machanic and they can check to see if they are warped even slightyly if so u cwn resurface them or turn them deppendin on.how bad they are

·
Registered
444 Posts
LMAO, prolly been through 2 more sets since then!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually i have the same brakes 85k miles they are holding up fine still and i beat the shit out of them. the wobbling was my front wheels not being balanced properly

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I need to look at mine again but at 60kish they looked brand new. I think my stock brakes will last me over 100k easy. Damn Versa truly is the lowest cost car to own. I think I may even find the manufacturer of the stock pads and get the exact same ones when it's time. Wish there was an easy way to find out who makes them before taking it apart.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to look at mine again but at 60kish they looked brand new. I think my stock brakes will last me over 100k easy. Damn Versa truly is the lowest cost car to own. I think I may even find the manufacturer of the stock pads and get the exact same ones when it's time. Wish there was an easy way to find out who makes them before taking it apart.
true that!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Me too!!

when I get to replace mine, I will go to the Nissan Dealer and get mine.
I'm at 86,000 miles :thumb2:
I wonder how much they cost?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm at 65k miles right now...i already bought my break pads so i can be ready when they need to be switched out. I looked at them today actually cause i was going to change them...but they look like i still have maybe another year in them...which is not bad seeing that ive had the car for 4 years now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.