Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished watching the video review i didnt even know about by autobytel....was not even worth watching, the guy basically trashed the Note the whole review on the basis of safety ratings and not meeting the advertised fuel economy numbers when it turns out the reason he wasnt meeting the standards was because he was driving through freaking mountains for the entire week he had it! i will give him credit on the safety rating though as even i was suprised to learn that the Note only gets a 2 star safety rating from the NHTSA for the passenger side front impact test and 3 stars for the driver side front impact but scores well in the side impact and rollover tests so it gets an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5, I'm still loving my Note though no matter what reviewers have to say :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've not seen the review but I imagine it's the same negative babble as most of them.

They don't understand the Versa's mission statement there for it "sucks" well most owners like yourself disagree and the market numbers say differently. Consecutively being the sales leader in it's segment.

Fine it's not a sports car but for the money find a car with this much space and economy in it's category.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the main problem with these reviewers is that Nissan is sending them the $19K models that have the performance and build quality of a $13K car.

In base form (around $13K), the Versa is a good deal for what it is.

With some additional features ($15-$16K) you're in the price range of the Versa competitors' base models. You're starting to get to the point where you could get a car that seems more "fun" or "refined" than a Versa for the same price.

Get a decked out Versa ($19K) and you're getting the car that the reviewers are talking about. It's not a "bad" car, but once you get to that price point, there are so many better alternatives.

I saw that autobytel review. Not only was the guy driving around in mountains, but it was really hot and he was running the air conditioner. He's also probably about 50lbs heavier than the average person. His driving factors kept the MPG on the low end. Meanwhile, some other guy in the same car is getting 10% better fuel economy than what Nissan claims. That's why it's called average fuel economy.

If you want to know what kind of MPG you can expect you have to be psychic and use an equation that would make Einstein's mind explode. You'd have to walk up to the car and tell it where you live, your driving habits, elevation, where you fill up, where you're going to go, what the weather is going to be like for the next year, how much you weigh, how much your passengers and luggage are going to weigh each day, what road material you'll be driving on and when was the last time it was resurfaces, what time of day will you be driving and what will the traffic be like on each day, will there be any accidents causing you to be idling for long periods of time, will you idle regularly while waiting for someone to get in the care after work or school, when will you be driving into the wind and what will the wind speed be, etc. etc.

Of course, even if that was actually possible, I'm sure the review guys would probably complain about the complexity of the whole thing and suggest that Nissan calculate the average and post that up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.