Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool

so when the low fuel light comes on, about how many highway miles can I go before it finally runs out?

Detail
I drive long communtes to- about anywhere I go, so if my needle gauge is a little below 1/4 tank, I usually fill the tank again.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's been mentioned on the forum before. I know with mine, I can get somewhere around 50+ after the light comes one.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I pump a little over 10 gallons when my light first comes on. I would say it comes on when you have 2.5-3 gallons left in the tank. Now basic math tells us if you get 30mpg you can go 75-90 miles with what is left in the tank. Only flaw in this is the car can never use every drop of gas in the tank. Usually due to the tank design a gallon or so would still be in the tank.

I have let my light stay on for quite a long time before. I don't ever fill up until the light is on and I have never filled more then 12 gallons.

To answer your question about how many miles you can go I would say you have about 1.5-2 gallons of usable fuel when your light very first comes on. So multiply that by your MPG's for your answer.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
It's good to know this info, I usually fill up as soon as the light comes on. But right now with winter I also make sure I fill up when I get down to the 1/4 mark. You never know if you will get stuck in a storm, or like the other night stuck on the highway because of an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
When i fill when fuel light comes on, can put in 40 or 41L without cramming.
50L tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.