Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody i want to know if you tink is possible to fit altima or maxima 3.5L in my 07 versa ...its a big swap but...it crazy lol 3.5L on the little car its amazing no ? i play forza motorsport 3 and in the game i cant put 3,5 in the versa .... please let me know how you think about that .....and sorry for my english loll im french from canada/quebec/montreal haha have nice day :thumb2::woot:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
man if u can fit that train horn, 3.5 no problem:D
Google up 3.5 into a Sentra, i saw one a while ago:woot:
U Habs fan? Farm team is near me in Hamilton

edit haha video games made me the man i am today:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
bonjour j'aime des jeux vidéos

the swap can be done, but you will need lots of time and money temps et argent :thumb2:

Welcome to the forum
soyez bienvenus au forum

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'm thinking you'd have issues fitting the trannny in with the engine. Plus you'd need a new ecu, transmission, all the brackets, custom header, custom intake. If your tight on room, you would need to relocate the battery (although this isn't very hard..)

You'd be better off finding a sentra spec v and swapping the 2.5 from it, if you wanted to do something crazy. That's probably the biggest engine you could get in the v's engine bay without serious modification. This would still require a ton of work and money though. You could also try the mr16ddt (turbo juke engine)

Swap in a 2.0 you'll get 20 extra hp and supposedly they get better mpgs and run smoother.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'm thinking you'd have issues fitting the trannny in with the engine. Plus you'd need a new ecu, transmission, all the brackets, custom header, custom intake. If your tight on room, you would need to relocate the battery (although this isn't very hard..)

You'd be better off finding a sentra spec v and swapping the 2.5 from it, if you wanted to do something crazy. That's probably the biggest engine you could get in the v's engine bay without serious modification. This would still require a ton of work and money though. You could also try the mr16ddt (turbo juke engine)

Swap in a 2.0 you'll get 20 extra hp and supposedly they get better mpgs and run smoother.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
spec-v sentra was made for a vq engine, so its a little different. Versa was made for the MR engine. Of course anything is possible with enough money, but is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I say if you got the money and time go for it but if you do make sure to post a how-to on here with lots of pics :)

·
Banned
342 Posts
Kinda pointless.. The car is too light. The front end would be way too heavy to actually use the power. For less money you can build an SR20DET and swap that in. Nice and light and easily over 400HP reliably. The VQ35 would also never work with air con or power steering in that small of a car. infiniti g20 or a b15u sentra will take a 3.5 no problem tho

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Kinda pointless.. The car is too light. The front end would be way too heavy to actually use the power. For less money you can build an SR20DET and swap that in. Nice and light and easily over 400HP reliably. The VQ35 would also never work with air con or power steering in that small of a car. infiniti g20 or a b15u sentra will take a 3.5 no problem tho
What he said....

Even if you could find a way to shoe-horn it in, the car would never have enough traction to justify the 3.5.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
G20 is a way better chassis then a Versa. If really wanting VQ power I would second this. Plus VQ's have already been swapped in and I know a few guys that actually do it. Not that it helps you on your side of the pond.

Then again the G20 already comes with an sr20de in it. You would have to ask yourself at that point do I swap in a whole other engine or just slap a turbo on it?

go all or nothing: the old SHO v8 from the taurus.
Weren't the old SHO's V6's? Unless your talking about the not so old SHO's :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
spec-v sentra was made for a vq engine, so its a little different. Versa was made for the MR engine. Of course anything is possible with enough money, but is it worth it?

actually, the B15 sentra (including the SER/ Spec V variants) was made for the QG or QR engines. the B15 QRs did have some issues with oil consumption, though the QR in a frontier seems to fare batter.
when i had my B15, the guy that did the big VQ swap at the time had to move all the mounts, had made his own harnesses, had still shoehorned an AC in there and had to piece together a tranny from a 3.0 maxima bell housing, a 6spd Spec V trans and so on. he had been beta testing the thing for months before going public enough about his project.
i had a buddy that added a turbo onto his QR and had to delete his AC because of clearance issues.
bottom line, like most everyone has mentioned, <if> you have the money, you can do most anything, make it rear drive as well, while you're at it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.