Nissan Versa Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I always do. In VA, police can't pull you just for not wearing a seatbelt, but can add it on top of other reasons they pulled you.
Also, I was involved in an accident a few years ago. When I went to court, the judge asked if the 3 of us in my blazer were wearing our seatbelts. We were, the judge spoke loud and said "see.. this is why everyone should wear them, case dismissed, have a good day"

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Def do.

I hate that seat belt light on my dash when me or my passenger isn't wearing it. So I'll always wear mine and make sure my passenger does too.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
every time all the time

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Everytime I drive It theres really no reason not to

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still don't support mandatory seat belt wearing, and exercise my right not to do it. It's illegal in Indiana as well, but $25 for freedom and comfort is hardly a deterrence for me.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
in my home state NH its not mandatory after 18 so there have been times when Im up there that I dont wear it but not much

·
Registered
208 Posts
I always wear mine. Plus it's illegal in Utah if you don't. Plus if I'm in an accident I don't want to run the risk of flying through my windshield. And I have a nifty tool in my car so if I am not hurt too bad, and can move, I will be able to cut my seat belt if I can not unbuckle it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Absolutely without fail. Too many of my friends and relatives are still alive today because of seatbelts to ignore their contribution to survival.

Besides, here it is the law, and car insurance companies here WILL NOT PAY OUT ANYTHING if the driver and all occupants are not buckled up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Same here. Not "cool" but I dont care, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Sorry, but intentionally not wearing a seatbelt is definitely NOT "cool". If anyone who thinks they are cool because they don't.... I have no words. Here in Canada, my (ridiculously high) tax dollars pay the medical bills of people who could have walked away from an accident if they had been wearing their seatbelt, but instead ate the windshield. And don't think it doesn't contribute to our exorbitant insurance rates as well.

As for people who think seat belts are a violation of their rights... Driving is not a right, it is a privilege. You know the rules when you sign up, and if you don't like it, move to afghanistan or north korea.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I still don't support mandatory seat belt wearing, and exercise my right not to do it. It's illegal in Indiana as well, but $25 for freedom and comfort is hardly a deterrence for me.
Your right, I'm sure having shards of glass picked out of your face or eating your own teeth is MUCH more comfortable than wearing a seatbelt. You sound as bad as those people who harass the police at dui checkpoints.

How is not wearing a seat belt a right? You SIGN a document waiving whatever right you THINK you may have when you get your drivers license. You are agreeing to follow their rules.

WTF is up with the newbs on this site?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your right, I'm sure having shards of glass picked out of your face or eating your own teeth is MUCH more comfortable than wearing a seatbelt. You sound as bad as those people who harass the police at dui checkpoints.

How is not wearing a seat belt a right? You SIGN a document waiving whatever right you THINK you may have when you get your drivers license. You are agreeing to follow their rules.

WTF is up with the newbs on this site?
These are probably the same idiots who think lap bars on roller coasters are dumb, I feel sorry for the families who raised them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yeah I click it, its just reflex by now.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.