Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2013 Versa S 4 door in to have transmission fluid changed and just noticed receipt says "CVT oil drain and replace"
but I have the 4 spd tranny....if they used CVT oil will that cause damage ? Have 1000 miles since the drain.
Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Unless its a cvt it takes nissans automatic transmission fluid. If you shift it then its a manual and takes manual transmission fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 4spd automatic , not a manual, and I looked at owner's manual and it has info on CVT tranny only

·
Registered
674 Posts
I took my 2013 Versa S 4 door in to have transmission fluid changed and just noticed receipt says "CVT oil drain and replace"
but I have the 4 spd tranny....if they used CVT oil will that cause damage ? Have 1000 miles since the drain.
Thanks in advance
Simplest way to get the answer is to go back to the dealer with the receipt, and get a clarification from the service manager as to what exactly was done.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
There is a big difference between cvt and automatic tranny fluid. Infact its hard to find cvt fluid in many stores and if you do its usually for either nissan, honda or some other car you dont own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing