Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i want to buy some rims that would fit my car the only thing is that i do not like the color of my car any ideas of what i can do to work around my the color of my car dealing with rims and any other accessories i wanted to burn the oem springs and lower the car that way because i can not replace the springs i have now do to warranty and painting the car is not an option because i dont have money for that...i want a carbon fiber hood for sure though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do not mess with the stock springs. Just save to lower it. As for the color of your car...well there's nothing you can really do. If i had a car that color i would just paint everything black and get black rims or i hate saying this but paint or remove your hubcaps. Hope this helps..somewhat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was so happy when I found out that my OEM premium wheels are Enkei. I am not changing those wheels until I crack them. I had no idea Nissan had a deal with Enkei to fabricate their premium wheels. Since the wheels were thrown in as part of a screw up the dealer made, I never knew I had quality rims until I cleaned them the other day and saw the Enkei emblem stamped in the back side of the wheels.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I was so happy when I found out that my OEM premium wheels are Enkei. I am not changing those wheels until I crack them. I had no idea Nissan had a deal with Enkei to fabricate their premium wheels. Since the wheels were thrown in as part of a screw up the dealer made, I never knew I had quality rims until I cleaned them the other day and saw the Enkei emblem stamped in the back side of the wheels.
Are these the SL rims?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
All the dealer can do is void the part you changed or anything that goes bad cause of what you changed. Like if you lower and keep the stock struts and out blows out a strut they would not change under warranty cause out was lowered.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I didn't know the SL rims were made by Enkei ...
Even though they are just 15 inchers, i find they are quite hefty. I've whacked a few potholes at highway speed and the rims and alignment are still as new! Hope you sell them, they are in premium condition!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Me neither, I didn't want the premium wheels because I was going to buy some BBS. I wanted the car to have all disc breaks. I was told this car came with them but it didn't. The dealer then apologized and offered me the premium wheels to right their mistake at no charge. I took them and saved some bucks, plus they do look nice on the car.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Even though they are just 15 inchers, i find they are quite hefty. I've whacked a few potholes at highway speed and the rims and alignment are still as new! Hope you sell them, they are in premium condition!
Ya my SL rims are in mint condition. They haven't been used much, just during the summer months and have never seen any salt or snow. I want to sell them ... they are just taking up space. The only thing I hated were the Conti's attached to them ... I love my newer tires much more. They handle a lot better in the rain and are quieter when driving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
... Conti's attached to them ... I love my newer tires much more. They handle a lot better in the rain and are quieter when driving.
I agree completely with you. The rubber was too hard and I was sliding when ever I was taking off after a stop in the rain. I switched to Arizonian Silver Edition (Discount Tire brand) and the ride has improved so much.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I say you try some gunmetal rims or maybe machined.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.