Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

New here and have a big problem.

The auto door locks have a mind of their own.
While driving they will lock and unlock themselves, start chattering, and the latest occurence had them chattering until the locks went quiet but I could hear a relay still clicking which I'm guessing is the BCM up behind the glovebox.

I'm afraid the door locks will burn themselves out.

Using the door mounted controls sometimes stops it for a bit, and other times they do nothing....I mean nothing!

Changed the batteries in both FOBs....still acting up.

Just had the resistor block for my fan blower replaced, so not sure if something came loose back there?

Getting frustrating...

Also, anyone know what fuse would control them? Want to pull it so they can't damage themselves......the owners manual is completely useless...aarrgh.

Car is an '08 and at 107,000Kms......7K out of warranty...of course..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
This may be a long-shot, but when my car locked itself, several times the dealer said that it could be moisture in the door lock switch and replaced it... so far so good. You could test this by taking the door pannel off and disconnecting the lock cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may be a long-shot, but when my car locked itself, several times the dealer said that it could be moisture in the door lock switch and replaced it... so far so good. You could test this by taking the door pannel off and disconnecting the lock cylinder.
Good idea.
All four doors are affected, so I will probably start with the drivers and move on from there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey everyone,

New here and have a big problem.

The auto door locks have a mind of their own.
While driving they will lock and unlock themselves, start chattering, and the latest occurence had them chattering until the locks went quiet but I could hear a relay still clicking which I'm guessing is the BCM up behind the glovebox.

I'm afraid the door locks will burn themselves out.

Using the door mounted controls sometimes stops it for a bit, and other times they do nothing....I mean nothing!

Changed the batteries in both FOBs....still acting up.

Just had the resistor block for my fan blower replaced, so not sure if something came loose back there?

Getting frustrating...

Also, anyone know what fuse would control them? Want to pull it so they can't damage themselves......the owners manual is completely useless...aarrgh.

Car is an '08 and at 107,000Kms......7K out of warranty...of course..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mike
We had a possessed car. Weird stuff like this with the electrical system would happen. We took the car to Autozone and they said everything checked out including the battery. A mechanic friend came over and immediately said to replace the car battery. We took the old one out even though it tested good and went to Walmart. We installed the new battery and presto all the problems went away. This was 3 months ago and still no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Nissan Versa 2007 car locked me out after I had started the car, to warm it up. I recently had my car broke down, and had a spare key, and an extra FOB, but between many people, the extra key and FOB had dissapeared. Also someone randomly broke my drivers side window out, in front of my house, so we had to replace the hole door, including the handle where they was a key hole to get in on the drivers side only. The new window/door they found at pick and pull, had no key lock hole. And my hatchback door, in the back, was broken from day 1 and the only way you can open the back is to climb in the back seat, and open it from the inside. Now my cars running I go back out to my car, and all the doors are locked! I unlocked with the FOB on my key chain, started it, and it had frost on the window so went back in the house to let it warm up. It should not of locked itself. I did not push the FOB again to lock it. I can't believe this is happening. No slim jim, we are trying to open with wire clothes hangar, ya know sticking it in the door, destroying all rubber seals around the door, trying to push window down, or unlock door thingy. 3 hours later, we called triple aaa. They had the tools to unlock it. What a nightmare. Thats my story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts