Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone!
Love my new Versa SL.

My Dad got for me as a Christmas Gift--and it is awesome. One quick question: took whole family out for a drive--and the backseat door(on passenger side)does not open from the inside.

The other side(drivers side)opens from the inside. Is this some child safety lock? If so, why does the other door open. I know the service department will be closed on Sunday.

I am sure I am missing something. Look forward to learning from people on this. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It does sound like a child safety lock that is the culprit. Each door shou have their own individual safety lock.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yes definitely a mechanical child lock, only accessible when door open. We use ours all the time for our youngest kid, and lock the windows too.
You'll see a little switch/lever when you open the rear doors marked lock.
Tell us more about your new V! Merry Christmas, welcome Juliet!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Child lock. My work van has them (I don't know why), and the cargo compartment where all my tools/parts and such are. I don't know why but the child locks are permanently engaged. On more than one occasion I have had to call someone to come let me out. True story.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I think your parents love you very very very very much :stpatricks:

Welcome to the forum!! :grouphug:

and make yourself at home :house:

and Merry Christmas :xmastree:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.