Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2018 Nissan Versa Note SV)
Hi everyone,
So I start my car up and was backing out of the driveway. I realized I forgot something in the house. So I place the car in Park and closed the door with the car still idling with the key in the ignition (I don’t have a key fob).
When I come back (roughly 1-2 minutes), the doors were locked!
Good thing I was able to get the spare in the house to unlock the doors.
This has happened on multiple occasions and I have not been able to recreate the scenario. I’ve learned that if I’m going to do this again to have my window rolled down or to turn off the engine and take my keys with me. Did anyone else experience this? Is this some sort of safety feature that prevents the car from being driven off by a thief?
Other than that, it’s great to be here among other Versa owners.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
674 Posts
(2018 Nissan Versa Note SV)
Hi everyone,
So I start my car up and was backing out of the driveway. I realized I forgot something in the house. So I place the car in Park and closed the door with the car still idling with the key in the ignition (I don’t have a key fob).
When I come back (roughly 1-2 minutes), the doors were locked!
Good thing I was able to get the spare in the house to unlock the doors.
This has happened on multiple occasions and I have not been able to recreate the scenario. I’ve learned that if I’m going to do this again to have my window rolled down or to turn off the engine and take my keys with me. Did anyone else experience this? Is this some sort of safety feature that prevents the car from being driven off by a thief?
Other than that, it’s great to be here among other Versa owners.
Thanks in advance!
A malfunction to be sure, and not rare at all. Some owners have that spare key in a magnetic box hidden somewhere on the outside of the vehicle. It does not appear that a remedy has been found to counteract this behavior.

https://forums.nicoclub.com/bug-report-auto-locked-out-of-running-car-t602285.html

·
Registered
939 Posts
Based on Fords which can do the same I never leave to even do something outside the car right there without the driver glass being down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am so glad I have manual locks in my cars. Even at my advanced age I am very capable to manipulate them and to be in full control of the doors. If I lock myself out of my car I know who to blame. Call me a control freak...

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car does this also, however I live and grew up in the city so I am in the habit of always pulling the keys and taking them with me... okay to be honest sometime when I stop to to pump gas I may leave the keys in the ignition but I never leave the car and have the windows rolled down while I pump gas.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I park my 16 note SV in a locked garage at night (just a regular garage attached to the house) so I don't lock the car. Several mornings I have gone out and found the doors locked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Alan_nc
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing