Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new hear 2012 nissan versa s 1.8. Driver door handle broke . Our dealer just closed. should i try a local body shop?

is this a project for a DIY?

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Versa S sedan
34 Posts
Hi new hear 2012 nissan versa s 1.8. Driver door handle broke . Our dealer just closed. should i try a local body shop?

is this a project for a DIY?
This is a very common problem for the 1st gen models unfortunately, especially if equipped with the Intelligent Key® door handles.

"If your handle function is broken, you can probably junkyard the handle, and snap your electronic unlock button and cover cap off the broken handle, and onto the junk yard handle without keyless entry.
If you have just keyless function broken, but handle and unlock work, you can order a new part from car-part.com" --Chris Betz, Nissan Versa Modified (Facebook).

Part# 80644-EL11B is the key cover for Intelligent Key® equipped models.

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4AT
4 Posts
When I first got my Versa used, the keyhole cover was missing and two months later the door handle fell off. There should be a hole on the back side of the door with access to a torx screw. To reinstall the door handle, loosen the screw and the keyhole/barrel can be taken out. From there, you should be able to put the door handle back in. Once the door handle and key hole are put back in place, tighten the screw back up. To prevent the door handle from falling off again, push the handle towards the front of the car before pulling on it. I finally got a replacement keyhole cover from the junkyard about a year ago (they let me get it for free) and ever since, I haven't gotten any complaints from tire or repair shops. lol When you do get another keyhole cover, make sure it has two prongs intact on the flat side, otherwise it will keep falling off and so will the door handle for some odd reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts