Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first drive (for me) in snow with my 16 Note SV

100 mile + trip, wind, snow, sleet and lots of traffic on interstate.

Went fine. Held the road well. Didn't seem to get blow all over the place. Windows seem to fog up and were hard to keep clear.

I live in NC so we don't get a lot of real cold weather which is good as the Note is a real pig until it warms up to operating temp. No real power and gas mileage drops into the mid 30ies.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Same here. Had to keep hvac on blower speed 2 and set to windshield to keep it completely clear. Otherwise part of the top and edges fogged up and center was clear.

Triggered trac control taking off a few times, but no problems between gears or hard braking.

Im impressed. I had made up my mind to go to a wider and taller tire and light weight alloy wheel when the oems were out. >:D

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
I use to be a fog x fan HOWEVER in the summer it makes moisture collect on the window in the reverse of the winter. So when I start off my window is fine, then like 10-15 seconds into my drive in the humid summer it fogs over. Then it seems I need to cool the windshield for the fog to vanish.

Had this on a few cars til I figured it out. Now I just coat the outside of the windshield with turtle wax ice as well as the rest of the car. I tried the lamb wipe thing, the wipe arm thing and its just a big mess. Best is to just use the front defroster.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Got between 3-6 inches of the powderly stuff as it was well below freezing. Car did well. I mostly just drove through it like you are driving a jet ski. I just kept giving it throttle and it powered through as the traction control light flickered. I like how this car responds and works with you. My previous car traction control would leave the car at idle and no movement if you tried to hoon it, but this car said be my guest. >:D

On the down side it was rather difficult to impossible to "drift". Maybe it was because it was more snow vs ice, but thats how it is when its well below freezing and that stuff comes down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing