Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Versa hatchback/ 4 speed automatic transmission/ with around 165000 miles. It started making a whomp, whomp, whomp noise like a flat spot on the front tire, the tires needed replacement so I put 4 new tires on, no help. Changed front wheel bearings, no help, boot on left trans-axle bad so replaced trans-axle, no help, listened to transmission and differential and all bearings with mechanic's stethoscope, carrier bearing on right trans-axle making noise, changed trans-axle, no help. Noise louder when drifting at low speed. Also changed auto transmission fluid. Has anyone had similar experience of have any ideas on what is going on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does turning make a difference? I'm assuming it's rotational and changes with speed and rpm? Not sure what whomp whomp sounds like though, any other ways to describe it? Not a scraping noise? Not much else there that rotates.
turning makes no difference, another way to describe it would be a helicopter like sound, it does change with speed so yes it is a rotational noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts