Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone ever got ticketed for driving with fogs in the city.
I got stopped for havibg my fogs on while driving on the streets of montreal. Anyone else in any other country,province,state or city hear such thing..

After research and consulting many other cops i found out that it is not stated that the use of fogs is illegal but apparently if the streets are well illuminated it is stated that u have to diminish intensity of headlights ( meaning highbeams) ... Nothing about fog lights....

I am definitly contesting the ticket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cause sir not to sure if uve ever been in montreal but the roads are filled with potholes having my fogs on gives me a better chance of spotting em ... And ure telling me you only use ure fogs when its foggy? And alot of streets are not very well lit up. If i have fogs might aswell use em. Ive never been bothered by fogs cause the angle are always towards the ground.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
OT = Off Topic

Blacks = Restaurant with the best prime rib EVER.... mmm makes me hungry again. It is/was on Boulevard de l'Avenir. Kind of on the other side of where the Laval Center AKA Centre Laval is. You should definitely check it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah its still there ... Planning on going there soon... Heard alot of good reviews about that resto... But yeah after the cop just tried nailing me with anything ... He asked me if i was drunk, why was i speeding ( but i wasnt glocked ) , y was i zig zaging ( garbage bags where scattered on the ground) and then after he checked that everything checked out he just gave me a ticket for my fogs.... Its still bugging me that he would actually go to that great length to find the smallest thing on me...

·
Registered
613 Posts
sounds pretty stupid to me that you got a ticket, i see people all the time in ontario driving with their fogs on. the only time i got stopped and ticketed was cause my fogs were blue lol.. and since im not a snow plow or whatever im not aloud to have them:p

but before my accident a while ago i had my fogs on at night all the time, they are actually wired to turn on and stay on with my headlights. I think you should call a place like x-copper legal services and ask them about the ticket. Im not sure if montreal has x-copper but im sure there are other ticket fighting legal services you can find. best of luck!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah its still there ... Planning on going there soon... Heard alot of good reviews about that resto... But yeah after the cop just tried nailing me with anything ... He asked me if i was drunk, why was i speeding ( but i wasnt glocked ) , y was i zig zaging ( garbage bags where scattered on the ground) and then after he checked that everything checked out he just gave me a ticket for my fogs.... Its still bugging me that he would actually go to that great length to find the smallest thing on me...
Reality of having a modified car unfortunately. I got pulled over a week ago and bugged about my window tint. Didn't get a ticket but it was still a waste of my time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Worst thing is i have the outmost respect for cops and its a shame that my hobby is a burden... As much as there is that many respectful tuners there is always the bunch that guve us a bad name

·
Registered
613 Posts
not necessarily a burden just got unlucky thats all. it can happen to anyone really. and like ADOversa said its what happens when you have a modified car, cause you could get pulled over and ticketed for almost anything that they deem unlawful or unsafe or whatever else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True... This was actually the second time ive been pulled over since 2007... From the first year i already had some visible mods.... But yeah .... So if anyone ever encounters the same prob .. I will update when i go to court to fight this one..

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
and like ADOversa said its what happens when you have a modified car, cause you could get pulled over and ticketed for almost anything that they deem unlawful or unsafe or whatever else.
Its a risk we take when we modify our cars. I know there are things on my car that they legitimately ticket me for... its things I probably wouldn't get pulled over for, but if they have you pulled over already then yeah they might fine you. The key is just be respectful with them, realizing they are just doing the job.

I have read the Highway Traffic Act and am a firm believer that it should be mandatory for all drivers. I can honestly say I have never got a ticket I didn't deserve.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have read the Highway Traffic Act and am a firm believer that it should be mandatory for all drivers. I can honestly say I have never got a ticket I didn't deserve.

True dat.

Idk how it works in your neck of the woods, but here in maine, we have county police, state police, and local police. Your much more likely to get fined by s state trooper here than a local cop due to the fact that all revenue from tickets goes to the state. There is no incentive for a local cop to give you a ticket since they don't see any of that money. For the troopers, its essentially paying their salary

On the subject of speeding tickets, if you have the ability I would almost always contest the ticket, and here's the reason: most district attorneys or assistant district attorneys don't want to waste the time with speeding tickets and often they will bump you down to the next level of fines in order for you to just pay up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow seriously in maine its that slack lol our montreal are usually alright on occasion you get the ones that are powertrippin but everytime i had to deal with one, other that the prick this week, they have been alright.

And yeah everyone should read the highway safety code , i started parts and bits but find that there is alot of things that i didnt know about lol

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Im a CRJ Major so I've read our entire vehicle code book and the criminal code book. There is some useful info in their, although its a bit dry to read all at once. haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.