Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever made lowered struts or found struts that are shorter then stock that bolt on?

I was thinking of modding my struts, by cutting off the bottom main bracket and sliding it down an inch.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Could try Qashqai or Tiida struts, Clio struts are probably similar enough too. Why do you want to do this? It will throw camber and SAI way out. Why not just lowering springs or coilovers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is lowered, just the stock strut bottoms to quick and figure a shorter strut with the same drop will gain a bit more travel since the stock is to long to go any lower

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I have Megan Racing lowering springs and paired them with Tokico Blues after a while. I don't know if they are dimensionally shorter than the stock shocks but they work well with the springs. I'd say after running them for a bit the cars maybe dropped a little bit more.

Are you looking for something that works well with your springs for performance or are you just looking to get the car dropped down further?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My car is lowered, just the stock strut bottoms to quick and figure a shorter strut with the same drop will gain a bit more travel since the stock is to long to go any lower
Sal - You can get Koni inserts, which would have shorter travel than stock, and are firmer than stock. This is a popular upgrade in the Subaru world.
http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/boltstrut.pdf

·
Registered
691 Posts
You don't want shortened struts you just need a shock that can take the abuse of different ride heights and pressures. Tokico or for the ultimate in longevity Bilstein. German shocks/struts in general can take lowering and much more abuse no problem. Boge, Sachs, Bilstein.. all good German suspension names.

By shorter i assume you mean the shock chamber and piston stay the same and the spring perch sits lower down. That wouldn't change travel with the same spring rate. Your struts are probably just blown out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the help and sorry for the late response.

I might look at the Koni insert struts. ?

My struts aren't blown, the drastic drop is the problem but it looks good the way seats.

I might bag it later. I'll post pics if I do it. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Sal Ramirez
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing