Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the chance to test drive a Nissan LEAF. Wow! It drives better than any hybrid (yes I know it's electric, I am saying it drives better than a hybrid) I've ever driven, has some nice gadgets and gizmos, pretty damn roomy (not as much leg room in the back as the versa but better than a Prius I'd say) and much much more cargo capacity. Nearly the same as the Versa from the looks of it. Front space and headroom are the same as the Versa (approx, this is from feel not numbers) and the thing handles like the Versa and sort of drives like it (built on a different platform but there are a LOT of similarities.) I was instantly quite comfortable with it having climbed out of my Versa moments before. 0-60 isn't wonderful but the thing is that it doesn't feel slow because it's quiet...in a car with a tiny engine it seems to struggle going to 60, complaining at you with high revs the whole time...this was a smooth and silent glide to 70 Mph and seemed speedier for it. Regenerative breaking felt more like normal braking and less annoying than in hybrids I've driven. Oh, and the thing I didn't expect: the car looks amazing in black. Like...downright amazing. Like an F-117. The lines go from kind of bubbly and relaxed to swooping and aggressive (cause the headlights and tail lights pop more) and it's pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Nice little review. Your comments on the looks seems to be the norm after someone see's it in person. Guess it looks much better then in pics.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was most struck by was the way that the silence made acceleration seem quicker than it was...a smooth glide vs a grueling struggle with a tiny engine.

I still am not a huge fan of the looks in some colors. White and black seem to look great...silver is blech and I am not a big fan of the aqua blue but I can see how some people would be.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds good! I have yet to see one on my lot yet. I'm still interested in checking it out, tho I probably won't go to electric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts