Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
if i remember correctly, bob from versaspeed has done the swap. heres an old email i had from him:

"On the rear Disc setup, I removed the drum setup back there and picked up some Sentra Calipers that do not use an internal emergency brake system. one of the Race Shops I have dealt with in the past and I got together and made brackets out of foam first to set them up then once it was correct (a lot of foam board! LOL!) we made the metal version and voila it was done then I custom made the SS Brake lines...the only thing I still haven't done is make the E-Brake cables but for now I just leave it in gear (manual trans)...it's one of the projects I have left to do to complete it."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi OneGoldfish:

Thanks for the info. I unfortunately don't have any contacts with regard to a shop that could help me with the conversion, I'm in Toronto, Canada so I guess making friends would be the next step. Do you have an idea how much the conversion would cost and about how much time would it take? Could it be done in a weekend?

·
Registered
85 Posts
"that do not use an internal emergency brake system.
Is there something that prohibits us from using the SL calipers and disks? Something to do with abs or other ecu control? This is new to me but I've never researched it. I've just always assumed it would be a final mod after I stripped an SL.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe B15 rear disc
I read the top 15-20 Google results and there was all sorts of suggestions like that but no one answered if you can use versa SL trim level disks. It looks to me that I can swap both rear hubs and the e-brake cable and viola, rear disk. Bob used '91 sentra parts with custom brackets. I guess it would be good to ask him why.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
SL has drums in the back not discs. I have searched on this and found plenty of tiida's with rear disc. They all seemed to use some other nissan caliper and then a cusom bracket for hanging the caliper. It looked very basic.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi OneGoldfish:

Thanks for the info. I unfortunately don't have any contacts with regard to a shop that could help me with the conversion, I'm in Toronto, Canada so I guess making friends would be the next step. Do you have an idea how much the conversion would cost and about how much time would it take? Could it be done in a weekend?
Hi, I am in GTA too. If you find a reality for the brake conversion, let me know too please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.