Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, after some discussion about having a large meet for the East Cost members, I am inviting anyone who can make it to Washington DC on July 27/28 (last weekend in July) for a meet. The location for the meet will begin at George Washington Memorial Highway Park, located 7 miles from Washington DC. We will BBQ and hangout, and then at one point we will head on a cruise to Washington DC where hopefully we can catch some nice pictures of everyone.

List of people attending: -Confirmed/Maybe
1. Sergio (sergmx): Confirmed
2. Joshua (jap2bd): Confirmed
3. Chris (MuzzlenChains): Maybe
4. Lance (2011sedan): Maybe
5. Cari (20casV09): Confirmed
6. Sammie: Confirmed
7. Matthew (athikerguy4life): Confirmed
8. Safraz (GTversaman): Maybe

Information on the park is located here: George Washington Memorial Parkway - George Washington Memorial Parkway

For people driving a long distance, we are still looking at hotels, and a member has even mentioned he will give some of is AA points for cheaper hotels.

This thread is to get interest for this meet going, and to promote the meet so we can have as many Versas at the meet as possible! So to summarize:

What: East Coast Meet- Washington DC
Where: George Washington Memorial Highway Park (George Washington Memorial Parkway - George Washington Memorial Parkway)
When: July 27/28
Why: It's time to meet and greet!

Feel free to throw any input everyone!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm down for this.

I might be able to get up to four people on one reservation (including me) without having to pay anything. Had the points racked up from going overseas and it's just sitting there...

j

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As of now, we are looking between 5-10 Versas I hope. But now that there is a thread to attract interest we are hoping for more.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! The closer we get to the event and once we have a better idea of how many members we will have going, we will have set details about the schedule of the meet.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm in. I'm about due for a road trip since I didn't make my annual pilgrimage to the southern coast this year.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Please, put your name after this thread for confirm and at mid june we'll try to reserve and hotel.. I found an historic hotel in Potomac last night, at north from Washington DC.. if we are more, maybe can we have better price.. for the moment it's 77$ per night and it's historic et beautiful to see! ( Bolger Hotel & Conference Center - Hotels.com - Hotel rooms with reviews. Discounts and Deals on 85,000 hotels worldwide[0].numberOfAdults=1&validate=false&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first )

Great place to photoshoot too ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok. I spoke to AAdvantage, and they told me I can get a room with up to 4 people. My close friend is going to be riding with me, and Boris will be tagging along, so that means I'll have one spot open. Keep in mind, this is not going to cost me or anybody anything for the reservation.

I just need to know what hotel everyone is going to (make it easier for me and everyone), and who needs a spot.

(Of course, donations would be great. Haha)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm down for the meet I don't need a hotel I live 50 miles form park this will be a fun event. we need to check with the park service about getting one of the picnic areas and see if we need a permit for our event.

Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts
Did anybody think of a time/ schedule for the meet?

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BUMP!!!

so once again, can I get a reply from the people that plan on going to this trip? I'll make a list in the first post so everyone can see who will be there

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did anybody think of a time/ schedule for the meet?
And not yet, all I know is we are grilling for the meet and greet. Then we will head out to some windy roads to have a nice drive, then off to DC for some sweet pics. Besides that, there really isnt much of a schedule yet.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello again people interested in the meet. I went to the location this past weekend and it seems like a good spot for what we need. On a beautiful and sunny day there was still plenty of parking for a meet. I found three areas with picnic tables and there is also a small restaurant if it is too hot when we meet. It is 10 minutes from the capital and has some great areas to take pictures. On to the pictures:

The parking:

Outdoor bathrooms:

The Potomac River with DC in the background:

Restaurant within parking area:

Extra parking area:

One picnic area:

Andddd...after the visit to the park I went here :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts