Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 105$ intake off ebay(i know im cheap). It fits really well but I cannot figure out what the rubber standoffs are for and were the bracket on the lower intake tube goes. Other than that it sounds fine and the quality is better than expected but we will see if the filter doesn't fall apart and if it does ill throw a k&N filter on there.

Also I have the factory square k&N if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you care about your engine, I would not trust that cheap Chinese filter and would invest in a K&N filter ASAP.

As far as your question, maybe the parts are used for another application and you simply got the extra mounting brackets/parts for free.

·
Registered
690 Posts
^^^ Lololol

I ran without any filter whatsoever for this whole past winter (yep, slush, salt particles from the plows and all that shit), have 340 000KM on this motor and still pulls hard. So for anyone who asks about hydrolocking their motor with an intake, no, you won't, if it didn't happen to me it'll never happen to you.

What style of filter is that one you got with it? It looks like a shitty oiled gauze one like the K&N's but i could be wrong. I know you K&N fanboys love them, but i'd recommend a traditional dry filter, the oil on the K&N won't hurt the MAF since it's not a hot wire, but they filter less.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah is oil bath. I really don't care I haven't noticed any difference between running a dry or wet filter. As for hydro locking....Wtf your have to be a complete idiot to do that it's not a jeep beside the filter is enclosed by the inner fender fender and core support no access to wet air. I just want to know where to secure this thing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
^^^ Lololol

I ran without any filter whatsoever for this whole past winter (yep, slush, salt particles from the plows and all that shit), have 340 000KM on this motor and still pulls hard. .......
Just wondering, any reason why you want to run your engine without a filter? I would think the downside results could be quite bad considering a very minimal upside return....... Unless of course you are running a test for "Mythbusters".

·
Registered
690 Posts
Did it because i was unemployed and didn't want to get a filter, plus it was the winter, zero dust in the winter and i knew that. In fact every time it was snowing, flakes would hit the MAF and the car would misfire for a revolution, not because of the snow but because a particular flake hit the resistor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How much snow you get down there?

·
Registered
226 Posts
those standoffs are likely for another vehicle. I wouldn't worry overmuch about it.

For those of you who like to build your own stuff, here's one of my favorite discount parts stores:
Intercooler Pipe Fabrication

lots of cool stuff, very good prices, and everything I've gotten has been quality, and I've spent a couple grand on stuff, from silicone tubing, hoses, clamps, bungs, an intercooler, air filter, aluminum piping, fans, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.