Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
^^^ Lololol

I ran without any filter whatsoever for this whole past winter (yep, slush, salt particles from the plows and all that shit), have 340 000KM on this motor and still pulls hard. So for anyone who asks about hydrolocking their motor with an intake, no, you won't, if it didn't happen to me it'll never happen to you.

What style of filter is that one you got with it? It looks like a shitty oiled gauze one like the K&N's but i could be wrong. I know you K&N fanboys love them, but i'd recommend a traditional dry filter, the oil on the K&N won't hurt the MAF since it's not a hot wire, but they filter less.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Did it because i was unemployed and didn't want to get a filter, plus it was the winter, zero dust in the winter and i knew that. In fact every time it was snowing, flakes would hit the MAF and the car would misfire for a revolution, not because of the snow but because a particular flake hit the resistor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How much snow you get down there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.