Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone, my springs came in from DNA Motoring that I ordered via Ebay. They cost me about $65 shipped, and I gotta say... They're WAY better then I was expecting. I thought I was going to have the harshest/bumpiest riding Versa after I installed them, but they're actually not that bad. Granted they're a little stiffer then stock but that's to be expected with any suspension upgrade. I've had them on for a few days now and I'm in love with the new stance (still want some D2 coils in the future) and the handling definitely improved. Car feels more planted and I haven't run into any under-steer yet. Here's some pics of them installed on my stock shocks and how the car sits afterwords. I also went ahead and installed some cam-bolts while I was at it. I have the front at -2 degrees for now (just for giggles) until I get some new tires. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great, I have Tein springs and love the ride(plan on going lower soon). Love the red and white.

Found your twin!

Are you going to get coils? and yeah I'm in the love with the ride. There's a little make-shift chicane not too far from my house due to construction. It's way more fun going through there now without all the understeer :grin lol And that stance is beautiful! I wish I had nicer wheels like that lol

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Looks good man!

I too have ebay springs, i'm not sure of what brand they are anymore though haha.

Glad I'm not the only person with ebay springs anymore, welcome to the club :D

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Are you going to get coils? and yeah I'm in the love with the ride. There's a little make-shift chicane not too far from my house due to construction. It's way more fun going through there now without all the understeer :grin lol And that stance is beautiful! I wish I had nicer wheels like that lol
Thats the plan, not sure when. And yes, I believe he has ksport coils and 16x9 wheels. Looks great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good man!

I too have ebay springs, i'm not sure of what brand they are anymore though haha.

Glad I'm not the only person with ebay springs anymore, welcome to the club :D
I didn't know anyone else had ebay springs! haha do you like yours?

Thats the plan, not sure when. And yes, I believe he has ksport coils and 16x9 wheels. Looks great.
What coils were you looking at? and from what I read KSport and D2 are basically the same right? I wanted to run 16x10 in the future but if he's running 16x10 then I wanna push the envelope a little more lol maybe 16x11 :grin

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
What coils were you looking at? and from what I read KSport and D2 are basically the same right? I wanted to run 16x10 in the future but if he's running 16x10 then I wanna push the envelope a little more lol maybe 16x11 :grin
I plan on getting Ksports and Im not sure. I have 17s and would like to get 16s but so far I love the 17s.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats great i was looking into getting springs for my wifes car and i was looking into the ebay ones for 2012 sedan versa. thank for the review @nolowversa
No problem sir! Best of luck with the wife's car!

I plan on getting Ksports and Im not sure. I have 17s and would like to get 16s but so far I love the 17s.
Do you know anyone running D2's? All I see people running is megan and ksport. And depending on how low you go either could look good

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Awesome if these cheapbay springs hold up. With so many broken stock coils and it seeming hard to get a hold of a fresh OEM set this could be the cheapest alternative. Downside being blown struts/shocks from matching them to the lowered spring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome if these cheapbay springs hold up. With so many broken stock coils and it seeming hard to get a hold of a fresh OEM set this could be the cheapest alternative. Downside being blown struts/shocks from matching them to the lowered spring.
Yeah I'll just have to see how they do long-term. Hopefully my struts/shocks will hold up. If not I can't imagine new ones being too expensive if you got them from Rock Auto or something.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Yeah I'll just have to see how they do long-term. Hopefully my struts/shocks will hold up. If not I can't imagine new ones being too expensive if you got them from Rock Auto or something.
So far the springs have been holding up quite well. I've had them since May 2013, and have no issues to report. It feels like they have been getting a little bouncier lately..but maybe it's just me. With luck hopefully I'll be getting some coilovers around winter time anyways. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far the springs have been holding up quite well. I've had them since May 2013, and have no issues to report. It feels like they have been getting a little bouncier lately..but maybe it's just me. With luck hopefully I'll be getting some coilovers around winter time anyways. :D
That's good to hear haha I do hear kind of a clunk sometimes when I turn but it's not loud. I think it's just the springs settling haha it getting bouncy could be yout shocks possibly. Or maybe they're just getting worn out lol (the springs) but yay for coilovers!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
nolowversa
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing