Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See the thread for engine surge. The saga continues. I followed the idle relearn procedure several times but the engine continues to surge from 1000 to 2200rpm about 7 times per minute. There is no check engine light. I am convinced that this electrical plug is causing the problem. I removed the battery, air filter box, intake manifold, jacked up the car and used a flashlight and mirror and am in able to find where it connects to. I took a picture of it. I am unable to figure out how to post the pictures. Car and personal computers are giving me a fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Those two are plugged in. The one I can't figure out is more towards the firewall and lower than the pre O2 senser connector. Maybe that is the speed sensor connector for an automatic transmission? Mine is manual. Is that possible? Then it would not need to be connected?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The one I can't figure out is more towards the firewall and lower than the pre O2 senser connector. Maybe that is the speed sensor connector for an automatic transmission? Mine is manual. Is that possible? Then it would not need to be connected?
Maybe it is a time for you to hit used (sorry, pre-owned) car lots around you and find a manual Versa for a test drive...while driving, you may stop and look under the hood...

·
Registered
939 Posts
A manual trans commonly uses a speed sensor too, at least for output, the ECM uses it for load calculation. And one of the close other connectors IS for speed sensor.

Go to nicoclub.com and register for free and then download the '07 service manual, the 'PG' section I'm thinking, for 'power and grounds', at some point it shows the underhood harness and connections.

If you look very closely inside the connector you should be able to ascertain whether it was ever connected to something, it will be very dirty inside if it has been left unplugged.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Back in the carburetor days surging is from an AFR ratio issue. Can we get a photo, video of this plug? Can you post it to your facebook or myspace account then right click it pick copy image address and post it here?

Typically the afr sensor is on top of the cat between the head and cat and uses 6 wires. The oxygen sensor is 4 wires and goes after the cat.

Do you have a check engine light? Have you gone to auto zone or some auto store to see what codes you have?

·
Registered
939 Posts
It could easily be a vacuum leak of some sort if at idle and seems to run fine when driven under load. An O2 stuck low at idle with no/little switching tells you it instantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Cobb
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing