Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2007 versa sometimes will crank and not start then after about 20 sec's will start. Does it in the morning or after sitting for a little while after being driven does not matter. I have read a lot of posts and decided to replace the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel pump. That was 3 days ago and no she says today that it's happening again. Now I am a Mercedes mechanic and have had to learn a lot on this little car. I know on Mercedes its usually the crank sensor. Do versa's have problems with the crank sensor acting up? Also I noticed that the alarm symbol will flash when this is happening but when it starts it will go off. So I am wondering if the alarm is not turning off which is not allowing the car to start? Batteries in the remote are newer as I replaced them when they were getting weak.
Thanks for your help
Todd

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome Todd!
The crank [crankshaft position] sensor is not a common failure on the versas in my experience, but yes the fpr is. I replaced mine without replacing the fuel pump, and it's been groovy ever since.
The alarm malfunctioning and preventing start sounds intriguing, mine is fine so far.

Can any one else chime in on this?

PS I troll benzworld.org a lot, and i drool over a W126 EVERY time i see one, i'd love an 87 300SDL:woot:
Welcome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
What I do is turn on the ignition and wait 5 seconds before engaging the starter to allow the fuel pressure to build up and then it starts right away. This is necessary if the car has sat unused for several days.

Frank 2009 Versa S Sedan MT-6 with 39700 miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It would act up randomly but after the first attempt and letting it sit for about 20 seconds it would start. Prior to replacing the fuel pressure regulator I tried turning the key on for about 5 seconds and then start the car but did not make a difference. I'm going to have her use the spare new key set for a few days and see if that makes a difference. May these cars are stupid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem seem to be getting worse. I have a feeling the fuel pump is not working right. What should the fuel pressure be at in bar? Also is there an easier way to remove the fuel pump cover lock then with a screw driver? I watched many videos back when I was going to replace the fuel pressure regulator.
Thanks for your time
Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.