Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
i will say that filter makes a difference in my experience (i do delivery driving and since july ive had my oil changed 3 times!) first time i had it changed it was 1/2 qt low with wal mart filter then i had oil changed and used same filter and got same results then this past time i used k & n filter and it wasnt low at all (im not sure if this helps or not )

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I had good luck with the walmart synthetic oil and filters. No oil consumption on my V. I have switched to the pure one filter though. I have several reasons for the switch. First I have extended my oil changes to 10k miles. I felt a couple dollar more filter was worth it for little more peace of mind. I've never had this long of an interval on a car before. Second is the color of the filter. It's goldish/baby poop brown. This makes it alot easier to see if oil is leaking at the filter. It was impossible on the walmart filter as they are black. Lastly is the powder coated textured grip of the oil filter. I am able to take it off and put it back on by hand now. This saves time on the oil change and makes life so much easier. I'll never go back to a gripless smooth oil filter again.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts