Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I am having engine cooling issues which I think this is coming from
mostly because I have been filling my radiator with filtered water because of a leak, i have fixed it, just not had the time to do a service to get it out and fill with coolant

But I have noticed my floorboard on my driver side always Wet

and coming up to an overheating situation I have heard Hissing coming from somewhere inside the cab

Looking I have found water dripping around where there are the AC lines coming into the air box

What is going on here? does it have anything to do with the Heater core? is it there a pressure valve on it?
because the hissing will go away once the car sits to cool off and doesn't come back

and the engine cooling, I am getting a lot of overheating situations that seems my water is leaking from somewhere, why i'm suspecting the heater core

but this isn't really acting like that Last leak I had that was coming from the radiator.

I have tried to refill to my radiator to find I haven't lost Nearly as much water as I was, but my car is overheating more often

I'm guessing my thermostat is stuck closed or partially open
but I also see there is a water valve for the heater core too

being filled with water and high temperatures Could be leading to higher pressure the system isn't suppose to have which might be causing problems.

I'm at wits end here . - .

Does the water valve fail? should I just replace the Pump and thermostat anyways?

any suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still alil unsure about it
I would agree if it was building a puddle inside my car As i'm driving it, but it only seems to appear After I leave the car to sit

and it doesn't seem to have a problem as I'm driving, only starts hissing once it starts to go into an overheat situation

but I will keep it in mind and keep an eye on it

how do I Bypass it, seeing how I live in Central Texas, I won't be needing the heater for a while XD
if at all really

·
Registered
226 Posts
you would look for the coolant hoses leading from the block through the firewall, cut them, add an adapter to each end, and use a scrap piece of hose to close the loop. That's the easiest way, unfortunately you then end up with coolant left in the heater core and no way to drain it without sucking it out with some sort of vacuum.

The other way is to pull the dash, HVAC, and everything else, then unhook it. you still need to close the loop with scrap hose though... And I'm not sure where the blower fan mounts, so that may require some work too.

definitely heater core leak. They only leak when the pressure gets high enough, likely its a hairline crack that gets forced open under pressure, hence the hissing noise (steam and coolant spittle)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts