Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry about the engine, but a few folks have successfully upgraded to the MR20 with a bit better power and fuel economy.
There are a few threads for the MR20 swap somewhere.
imo, go for it!

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's a straight swap. There is a tutorial here somewhere that had comprehensive pictures and everything on what needs to be transferred over and all that. I think it's an 18HP and 20 ft.lbs gain, stock. Probably gain another 10 from hotrodding the head. The small displacement increase should make all the other mods more fruitful than on a 1.8, only slight though. That's what I'm doing.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Damn you are so lucky your mr18 died. Some people are stuck with them running for much longer. Now you get more power and better mpgs.

LOL was just trying to make you feel better about your situation :D.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah.. shit I wish mine died.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah, but just a gradual death. I don't want to blow it up. It's my daily driver. Unfortunately no signs of that, doesn't burn a single drop of oil. I won't have to add oil for the entire interval.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Anyone know if the exhaust diameter is different on the Sentra's? I have a feeling power could be lost using the stock Versa exhaust, it is only 1.5" I think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much did in cost in dirhams? [The engine cost and the labour / garage cost]

How difficult was finiding an engine?

Any new under the hood pictures?
the engine costed about 1800 dirhams , and labour costed 400 , and the transmission fluid + engine oil costed around 180 all together and this was a jappan imported engine , plus this is the abu dhabi price , you can find it much cheaper in sharjah industrial. and will post some pics soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.