Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the offer of helping me out with my dilemma. Im a bit embarrassed about this whole situation because I'm an aircraft inspector and can't find where this plug connects to. I just bought the car with 2 dead cylinders and put on a overhauled head. I don't remember disconnecting this connector, and am not sure if it relates to my idle surge. I removed the intake,battery, air cleaner box, MAF throttle body,firewall insulation jacked the car way up and inspected underneath and from the top engine transmission old head, all air cleaner ducts etc etc. unable to find where it goes.
Last time I was out there I attempted to relearn the idle : the procedure for accelerator pedal released position, throttle closed position, and idle air volume. The procedure states: with released pedal ignition switch on for 2 seconds then off 2 seconds, 2 times. Then turn ignition switch on and off wait 10 seconds and listen for throttle body move. My throttle body does not move. I continue to turn on ignition and at 3 seconds press and release pedal to floor 5 times before 8 seconds. At 15 seconds press and hold pedal to floor. When MIL light stops blinking release pedal start engine. No help. I did this several times on a normal operating temperature. It fluctuates from 1000 to 2200 rpm every 10-15 seconds. Driving around the neighborhood in first gear it will not surge going up a hill, but flat or down hill it goes fro 1000-2200 every 20 seconds.
I went out to the car today and started it up and got a check engine light. I read the codes: 2101 throttle actuator control motor circuit range, 0223 throttle pedal position sensor switch B circuit high, 0123 throttle pedal position sensor switch A circuit high.
Well there is the story. I'm bringing this car to the dealer next week for a computer relearn. I just can't figure it out. I will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine idle surge

Well I called the Nissan dealer for an appointment for an idle relearn. They didn't have any openings until next Tuesday. I have tried the online relearn procedure at least 10 times nothing changed. I'll keep you posted on what happens next Tuesday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
mmeeuwse
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing