Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. i have Nissan Tiida 2010, 1.6L, 72000km. I have been having issues with low RPM in Drive mode which causes stall and shaking engine at traffic stop lights for example. currently the rpm in Park mode is 700RPM and in Drive mode 620-630RPM when engine is warm. it all started when i was taking apart the throttle body in order to clean it. i disconnected the negative battery terminal and after installing the throttle and connecting it's harness, i reconnected the battery and experienced high RPM. I did idle relearn through steps and playing with the gas pedal and the RPM went stable which means 800RPM in Park mode and 700RPM in Drive mode. a little while before that, "check engine light" turned on with P0444 ("Evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit open") probably because i disconnected and reconnected the valve near the throttle which i don't know if it's "idle air control valve" of "purge control valve EVAP". also there was PO102 ("mass air flow circiut low") which i cleaned with MAF sensor cleaner. i drove the car for two weeks and everything was fine until i erased the codes. now there is no more codes and the low RPM is disturbing. sorry if the writing is confusing. how can i solve the low RPM ?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
When you disconnect the throttle body you have to do a throttle position relearn after reconnecting it. If you don't the engine will usually run poorly especially at idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you mean doing an idle relearn through a scan tool that has the ability ? Btw where is idle air control valve located in Tiida / Versa ?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
It's something you can do without a tool, Here's the guide.

The throttle body acts as the idle air control valve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help..I performed this procedure after installing the throttle body and it worked for 2 weeks until the problem of the low RPM appeared just as wrote before. Perhaps only the dealer can reset it right.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
If I remember correctly disconnecting the mass aiflow sensor will cause issues for a while similar to the throttle body. Its possible you damaged the sensor when cleaning it. I'd also check to make sure your intake is sealed correctly especially between the mass aifslow sensor and the throttle body.

The other thing to check is if one of your vacuum lines came loose while you were working on things. If the evap line isn't connected it'll cause the car to run really rough. If your looking at the motor It runs from the valve cover under the intake manifold near the throttle body and back around the intake manifold from right to left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem eventually was solved by taking the car to the dealer and they performed idle learn using CONSULT as far has i know ( i don't know which one and what diagnostic tool they used ). Everything works great now and the RPM is steady at 800RPM approximately.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
cool, its odd that it had to be redone after you did it. I've done it several times and never had to redo it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
2 Participants
kat_hat
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing